Xenith won't turn on!

Ok so in the setting @Lee_Wright circled and pushing the blue button I get the beep when touching the probes together,I put the jst connections pointing up to get the probes in there and I get a constant reading and the beep!
Sounds like it’s what @linsus suggested!

1 Like

16 posts were split to a new topic: Unity & Xenith Politics

If you want you can have a look at this thread and read until the bottom. This subject has been up before about blown antisparks on the unities. Im sure your case is no different.

Its not magically gonna work by itself. Either warranty or send it for repair.

Im curious to find out what the improvement was on this esc vs the old unity. Perhaps the failure mode where it gets stuck in “On” mode is solved… but this (less frequent?)failure mode is still possible.

1 Like

Some good info there,I’ve already emailed them,Just gonna give it another shot with a replacement.

I see people using loop keys instead,How would you use that with a xenith to bypass the antispark?
I’m not going to but just interested in how one would do this?

you could just bridge the 2 MOM pins and add a loop key - something like this. l wouldnt build anything whithout

if you bridge the MOM pins you still use the antispark circuit in the unity- I think it would be possible to bridge the whole circuit but I assume it wasnt designed for this

someone did
@brown5tick

1 Like

Be interesting to know how this held up,Thanks :+1:
Edit:I see that update was 21 minutes ago, @brown5tick have any pics you could share?
@Fatglottis ever done this on a xenith?

Sorry, I haven’t got photos, no. Maybe @Fatglottis or @seaborder has.

I haven’t had the chance to put much mileage on mine since it’s been up-and-running again but I did give it some punishment, which it’s stood up to admirably.

2 Likes

@Lee_Wright What was the turn arround on that replacement,weather is perfect atm and you know how uk weather be!
Shame man,for that brief moment i was having fun like I did a couple years ago on my previous build!

Well we carry stock and had made another order so BKB added another in for this chap and we sent it to him the day they came in.

If it was bought from us and BKB were going to honour the warranty we would send you one immediately and then just get another in our next drop from BKB.

We do have another order coming from them in the next week so if you guys can sort it out we would be happy to send you one if BKB want to include the extra one in our drop

2 Likes

Might raise your custom charges though,if they are shipping to the UK might be best if they just send me the one unit,whatever is best? Just want to get it up and running again soon.
@BuildKitBoards

Update: I’m guessing this is the culprit?
Don’t think that hole should be there!

3 Likes

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/texas-instruments/LM5060MM-NOPB/5143071
That’s this part. Which is part of the anti spark circuit.

2 Likes

Such a cheap part as well! I’ve been speaking to someone that managed to bypass this and use an external antispark.
I think I’ve just been unlucky though,I’m willing to give a replacement another shot first as there’s plenty of people without issues!

Litterly misunderstood what you meant here lol my bad! As soon as I hear back from Jared I’ll let you know :+1:

1 Like

Hot take>>>>You should spend the coin and buy one that gets you back riding from Lee and crew. Then you’ve got a back up or one to sell when you receive the replacement.

2 Likes

Lee has been nice enough to offer to send me a replacement from them and recieve another from Jared in there next batch which is due sometime this week,hence why I misunderstood what he was saying above ^^

2 Likes

Update: recieved a replacement,all set up and bench tested it,then suddenly shuts off,same issue,power going to it when spinning the wheels but unfortunately will not turn on…
Anyone see anything on this one? There’s no hole in the switch controller like the last one?

This doesn’t correlate exactly with this… I feel like somethings missing.

Can you run through the steps you did to bench test it so we have a better picture of what all happened? Were you able to run motor detection? At what point did it shut off?

3 Likes