Ways to increase turn w/o increasing lean

Did you at least get to finish the redbull?

1 Like

No! Still had 4.2oz left :rofl:. I almost took a zip after the crash but it was covered with dirt lol

9 Likes

Thatā€™s so sadā€¦

4 Likes

5 second rulez!

3 Likes

the key to high-speed turning AND straight-line stability is geometryā€¦ think like a car, front wheels turning and very little rear truck articulationā€¦ here is a brilliant example from @MoeStooge cycling his raceboardā€¦

check out the lean angle and the front truck vs. rear truck articulationā€¦

and yesā€¦ @shart infected that thread with his stuppid water bottle theoryā€¦ fuck himā€¦

15 Likes

Lmao. Right. Too bad It took me a minute to get up shake it off

3 Likes

Damn thatā€™s sexy. It will make @Tello1969 very happy

4 Likes

Iā€™m not a stoner but I still have tendency to spot things like these

4 Likes

Lmao
Can was half full. I was gonna drink out of it but can was pretty much smashed with dirt and possibly rocks inside where the precious juice is lol

2 Likes

just add a splash or two of vodkaā€¦ alcohol mixed in will ease your trepidation about a little bit of mother earth in your redbull

2 Likes

I was wondering who that board was forā€¦ congrats to @Tello1969 ā€¦

Lower degree trucks have more leverage. I have a feeling @RipTideSports might recommend increasing the rear bushing durometer or going with fatcone/ chubby combo. If it works it works though

3 Likes

Meh. My board works perfectly fine for my 165lbs ass. I donā€™t think I wanna change anything atm lol

1 Like

Brad has some interesting insights on the ā€œbushing helpā€ thread regarding split angle trucksā€¦ worth the read!

4 Likes

I am not sure if this respect the parameters of the questionā€¦ this will turn and doesnā€™t require leaning. But at speed i think it will be really dangerous.

5 Likes

100% does. Haha. That looks like a deathtrap. A fun deathtrap.

Personally I feel like lean and turn are intrinsically tied together on current skateboard designs. Learning to use lean to your advantage at speed is part of improving your riding ability

If anything, having a board that has the ability to lean further while maintaining stability increases my ability to turn at high speed. Kinda the exact principle behind channel trucks.

5 Likes

Itā€™s fun analog definitely needs some getting used to. But electricā€¦ man I think itā€™s scary.
image image

1 Like

It also looks like it puts you on par with OneWheelers & EUCs in terms of looking like a complete nard.

5 Likes

Yep definitely looked cooler in my mind when I bought it about 10 years ago. Ride a few times and realized it was extenuating got back to regular skateboard :sweat_smile::joy::joy:.

1 Like

It is hard to tell if I am needed hereā€¦If so, someone please articulate what is needed and I will try to help.

5 Likes

Tl;dr - What bushings should we use if weā€™re turning using water bottles

:rofl:

7 Likes