Bushing and Truck Setup Help Offered

Wow, this is a bit chaotic, can you post some pictures of the actual bushings and the front and rear trucks? I need to get a full picture of what you are working with before I hit the reset button. I really resist going by color. Do you know the duros you bought and why you bought them?

3 Likes

@ahrav please consolidate what you have, I think you were using a hypothetical above calling out 93.5a, a duro we do not make

1 Like

Sorry so I currently have 92.5 barrel and chubby, 95 barrel, 90 barrel and chubby, and I also have 90 kranks. Hahah I sorta just hopped onto your site and said fuck it and threw shit in the cart and that’s what I have now :slight_smile:

1 Like

OK, so based on what I said about the theory of compensation by shape, doro or use of washers, what do you think you should do? My goal here is for you to direst the concepts for your own advantage. Lay it out and start with the effective base plate angles, the trucks you are using and a list of bushings you have at your disposal and I will help you fine tune it if needed.

2 Likes

@RipTideSports sounds good. Initial plan I was gonna go with was 92.5 chubby boardside/ 92.5 barrel roadside in the rear and 90/90 barrel in the front. With the back angle being 35 front 65. And then see how it feels/ make adjustments. Given the difference between back and front is 30 degrees will that setup described above be enough of a difference to balance out the system. Additionally you had mentioned a washer could be the equivalent of a 10 degree angle difference is there a general rule of thumb in terms of duro as well? If you were planning on simply using duro to balance the system (ex 2.5a for 10 degree angle etc )

1 Like

Good, I like what you have done . 30 degrees is a big split and you might want to de-wedge the front a bit to bring it closer to 45 to 50. I jut fined a 60 degree front too twitchy for my taste…I like to get some lean into my turns and rail it a bit! I am not really big on rules, this is skateboarding and it’s bigger than rules :slight_smile: The washer functionality depends a lot on what compound your are using and like I said less than 10 degrees in most cases

4 Likes

Thanks a lot again. I know I really appreciate your time as I’m sure most everyone else does as well.

3 Likes

Interestingly enough that this conversation comes up just as I’m encountering a similar conundrum… I’m playing around with a board with wildly differing split angles… I mocked it up on 75-35 splits and I cannot make the front work with the back… I’ll drop out the front wedge so it will be closer to 60-35 and try that…

thanks

2 Likes

75 DEGREES YIKES…I am working on a high lean system so turns will feel banked, more on that if I ever figure this shit out…I am close

3 Likes

Yup… You know me dude, I’m king of the weird/unusual setups… I started with a 50 degree baseplate, put it on a 15 degree slanted front nosed deck, i needed a riser so I added a wedge… the kingpin is almost horizontal, and turns like shit… turns off the back foot 35 degree truck… but it has a kicktail…

5 Likes

sorry, after reading that again i realized what a messy wall of text that was, i rushed it out at work

i cleaned up the post and added a few pictures, i hope its better now

2 Likes

Just wanted to come back and than you for the advice. Did as you say and the carvability is way up.
WIll come back with a 30+ test.

feels like it should

2 Likes

@RipTideSports

I am unable to find Krank weight application charts on your website

1 Like

I find weight charts to be very misleading by taking only one thing into consideration. Skip weight chats and ask me a question

3 Likes

Fair enough. No questions to ask, Ill just buy a few bushings and see what I like

1 Like

Krank is especially misleading on a weight chart since it is so adjustable.

5 Likes

I am going to play around with bushings with duros in the higher 80s

Im 60kg running TKPs

2 Likes

@RipTideSports thanks for your work.

4 Likes

OK @olsyke, here are a couple of things to try. First, SZ in their infinite wisdom changed the bushing seat on the TKP a while ago so it would no longer accept the Chubby shape. I am wondering if that may be part of the problem. Try running a Barrel / Barrel front and a Barrel / FatCone in back all in the KranK 84a and send me a picture of the rear boardside bushing seat.
Also try running a 84 Barrel / 84 Barrel front and a 84 Barrel / 90 Barrel back.

2 Likes

@RipTideSports
as far as i can tell the bushing seat is symetrical board/roadside, i bought these trucks used from @skunk, so it might be possible these are still the older version… its hard for me to tell tho, the chubby does somewhat fit, but not perfectly

im also tempted to fill the gap in the duro’s i own by buying a set of all the relevant shapes in white 87a if that makes sense

2 Likes