Ways to increase turn w/o increasing lean

While I’m perfectly comfortable riding downhill at speeds above 40mph this is a esk8 topic. So no. Figure it out. Build something then get back to me.

2 Likes

it’s not my fault, i’d have left it at this without all the other comments:

You could have not made an unhelpful comment to begin with? You went looking for it.

Bottom line is you’ve completely shitposted all over this thread, which makes it difficult for other members to get actual relevant information on the topic.

Go build an Esk8 instead of trying to interfere in others efforts to do so.

4 Likes

you can also get more turn with the water bottle in hand than leaning alone

1 Like

You realize that suggesting to swap something back and forth between hands doesn’t help us since we have to have remotes in our right…

1 Like

So regardless if your suggestion is true it isn’t helpful at all in this situation.

1 Like

fine then build a motorized cheetahs tail since you like motors and electricity so much :joy:

1 Like

Please continue to prove our point perfectly.

Christ.

1 Like

You do realize what the very first letter of this website stands for yes???
Jesus fuck off already.

1 Like

the e-cheetah tail 9000

1 Like

Maybe the role your arms play in turning is something that is overlooked by a lot of people. I think it is certainly something I have overlooked myself when trying to rip sharp turns, usually I’m keeping my arms in tight and leaning like crazy (not that my noodle arms would create much of a moment arm anyway though :laughing:).

1 Like

It is not overlooked by anyone who skates for any amount of time. Carving and turning at speed has to be a full body movement.

6 Likes

not just your arms, but they help, rotate your upper body towards your turn… just pretend you’re trying to avoid looking at a shart-post right behind you…

4 Likes

Okay! I apologise for my stupidity!

Definitely.
I’m by no means saying that using your arms doesn’t help you turn.
Either my fat ass puts a lot of twists into my body when between hard consecutive turns.
but to imply passing something between your hands is faster than just leaving your body is absolutely ridiculous.

1 Like

Not stupidity! I just don’t think it’s commonly misunderstood. It’s also something we do naturally as we learn to ride & balance and I think most don’t even think about it.

Appreciate the conversation!

Softer bushings on the front truck, higher angled baseplate.

Evos and other split angle decks would help.

I do notice that the wider the deck, the easier it is to lean due to more leverage when leaning to turn. It’s harder to turn on a slimmer deck. I had to go down to 80A for slimmer decks whereas for wider decks like the spud i run 85~87.

7 Likes

As narrow a truck as your set-up with allow will give you the most turn. It’s been shown that proper base angle and Bushing tuning/setup will maintain your stability for speed while the narrower truck hangers will decrease turn radius.

6 Likes

May god bless this community. We sure get everything from shit talking to some serious helpful comments. Learning new things never ends.
For the most part I ride with an 8.4oz Red Bull can in my left hand. But taking this serious. Just got back from the store. Got me a few bottles of water. Ima give it a shot.

Nah. Jk. Not trying that cuz I might not be a genius but I sort of understand how things work “sometimes”

Oh yeah. Not many of us have the privilege to plan on where and when to crash :sunglasses:

7 Likes
7 Likes