Want reccomendations for parts.

Hey, in the process of making my own e-skate and am new to the scene, would like some part reccomendations.

Planning to use a 8s / 10s battery, have been reccomended to get mollicels.

What would be an ideal VESC for this lower end setup?
Also looking for as small/light motors as possible using a belt driven system, trying to get upto 20-30 mph with 125 mm wheels. Ideally enough torque to get through 30 degree inclines for the 180lb/85kg range.

Also, wild request is there something like a g bomb bracket to wedge/dewedge upto 45*

1 Like

Welcome to the famous infamous forum if I were you I would make this your build thread
There are 1000s of threads you just have to type in the search bar what you like :call_me_hand:
Here is a couple of threads

Pics of your build is a + may the force be with you :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Welcome! Good call on the molicel, nothing checks all the boxes and prices for the p42a have come down to very reasonable.

Makerx has the dv4s which would likely perform really well with what you have in mind. Flipsky might have something cheaper and as long as you keep well under their spec would work but the thermal characteristics arenā€™t as good - somehow makerx donā€™t need exposed heat sinks but a flipsky would benefit greatly from one.

Please do make this your build thread. Do you already have a deck picked or style you like? My one piece of advice is to get your enclosure figured out first and build into it. So many of my first few attempts died because I couldnā€™t get it sorted out cleanly after getting everything else locked down

2 Likes

Tnx, for the advice. I was divided between the dv4s, and stormcore d60+.

Damn, didnā€™t notice p42a are now only like 6 bucks a pop. VESC should contain BMS if I am not wrong?
Using a general build thread instead of just a parts thread would be neat to document the process. Iā€™ll prolly create a new thread later only cause Iā€™m making a longboard-esque ripstick/waveboard/castorboard, and it would make it easier to search for.

1 Like

Vesc will do over discharge protection but not charging and balancing. Discharge bypass - charge only wired 20a bms either a daily or smart llt are the cheap options that seem to be working best and affordability. There are a few other options but the cost/value gets a bit out of wack imho.