Veiftech - DIY upgraded Leiftech V2

Till the project is done they say

(never will be)

2 Likes

Red dot covering up some kind of new system.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Blaster-5-5-oz-Industrial-Graphite-Dry-Lubricant-8-GS/202597501?fbclid=IwAR1aN0ViGvotCabzAvyRHhXkFCRWFx7YC9VYI0vy6wCFNIwNMygmRQQ3qPQ
keep reading

This is different from the totally different greaseless slip ring I mentioned.

2 Likes

You think those mounting holes should be the same width dimension… I will probably make a caster bearing blocl that shares the freebord/skate baseplate hole pattern, but mounts the modular caster designed for v2/sbx

2 Likes

^^^^^

1 Like

switched to packs on top so I can use two (no, it does not fit.)
Double the fun?

well for twice as long yes but it is a fair bit heavier. Best to leave one pack at your swapout point.

I hookup up the two packs to their own individual VESC to compare the health of the used pack, it was out of whack compared to the newer one.

3 Likes

This fits a lot better. And with that size gasket I can still fit another 1-2 cells and still have it compress. I have a 3mm thicker foam to cut out too…

Hmm I really want to design a Brush PCB that also has a Cheap FOCer on the other side.

Perhaps silly to want them on the same PCB, maybe not. You could also just have the ESC mounted directly the the brush PCB using bolts.

1 Like

You’re using Da blues ? I have some mad munkeys but can’t slide for shit, they are so grippy it stops me and doesn’t want to slide at all

1 Like

yeah these coned out Da blues have a good balance of easy slides and hard grip haha

this is what I want to solve with my modular caster :point_up_2: :disappointed:

I might be replacing this and therefore have two running leiftech drivetrains. That would be fun.

this is the bearings used in it. Not sure if 2rs would be bad in a lot little sealed motor or som

I got a SBX wheel. it uses a keyed 12mm shaft pressed into the hub. That is stepped down to 8mm with the bearings seating with a distance of about 59.5mm between the inner races.
oh huh only 70mm in diameter too.

it is not pressed in centered on purpose or whatever. so it will have to be off center in the module from now on smh… I’ll just make it not display the centerline.

this center part now has these dimensions.

for a cheaper first prototype I can chop the top off making it 7.5mm vs 12mm for the height adjust version.

Hmm that means the whole thing can be made with 8mm sheet. Sweet!

@Lee_Wright whatcha make of that? (I know you are planning on getting rid of the sbx esc)

There is stuff to be learned from aaron’s dev work having to do with running VESC I think though.

3in wheel vs 4in about 10mm taller plates needed.

Day=made

Days=wasted

(Sounds like someone wants the full CAD model of the SBX dropped already :nerd_face:)

1 Like

I think the ParAll trucks designing work has helped me figure out a good concept design for a suspension caster.

I mean, I was thinking about using skateboard bushings for a while but I have better ideas now hahaha.

These two adapter parts let you use 1/2in hex shaft in a 22mm od bearing bore seat.

maybe I should be using rounded hex, I am not sure about 3/8 hex strength wise…

There is one more interesting hex drive wheel choice and that is the many many urethane compliant wheels out there.

I am thinking I can try something like @RipTideSports was thinking with a bunch of duros stacked to form a variable hardness, but form a rounded profile with harder wheels in the center. Possibly I could try larger diameter very soft wheels on the outside with harder smaller wheels in the center of the module.
The goal being allowing you to add as many wheels as you feel you need to ride on softer sand while also allowing the curved wheel feeling for switching edges. Gives me ideas about trying to make diy inflatable or at least my own hollow/compliant wheels.

I still have a good feeling about take two of @TheGoodMomentum’s wheels and putting them back to back to form a rounded wheel, modular with inserts as well!

2 Likes

do you think for a design intended for sand and possibly snow that screw drives could be appropriate drive methods?

Paddle wheels much better for speed I would guess.

heh I was thinking about maybe supporting some RC wheel hubs as there is some standard sizes. Then fit those sand tires.

never posted my leiftech battery teardown pics.
each side of the split pack is like this:

the Summerboard sbx remote has been an absolute shitshow… no tape or glue on batteries then bad wire management making throttles get stuck. Bad instruction and firmware updates making speed read 99mph, general remotes not connecting to SB app.

Then also this^

I wish an aftermarket remote was not so badly needed.

2 Likes

Yeah there is a lot of things wrong with this board. really makes me wish I just bought just the casters and diy’d the rest of the board.

1 Like