Uni1 | exway-type remote for VESC based ESCs? Can-bus controlled anti-spark?

This remote looks incredible if its claims are true.

I want this. How do I get this.

I bought one for science too.

4 Likes

95" oled at that price is amazing, what a steal

19 Likes

Gonna buy another one of these for my livingroom!

8 Likes

Would love to see a full fledged review as a news post; @mods, make it happen!

3 Likes

so we might be getting standby feature soon™, but i wonder which much drain would that feature cost us

1 Like

If this could control the anti-spark in the stormcore that would be killer. @sofu?

That look surprisingly good.
Please tell us if this thing comes with a receiver when you get it. (Or if it’s a hobbywing type of swappable on same family ESCs)

It comes with a receiver, says so on the product page. That’s why it’s a big deal.

1 Like

Oh shit. That forum really needs to stop picking money out of my wallet. I’m quite tempted

2 Likes

If this does what it claims I will be over the moon.

I thought the receiver is built into the controller.

3 Likes

300 mah remote battery… for real though why? With a screen on it I imagine you’ll either be changing that battery for something bigger or charging it very frequently.

2 Likes

Standby already exists on the VESC ( at least the MKIV VESC 6)

I wonder how it works. Is the receiver receiving enough power in standby mode to accept a Commands via CAN? Are we not reading it literally and it only turns on and off CAN ?

V6MKIV is standby alright, but still require me to touch the board to check battery V / % when I can just do that using exway’s remote.

this is the only reason i’m still daily driving my x1pr

1 Like

I saw the same thing. I’ll replace it with something better if I end up using it.

1 Like

Yeah that’s the big brain move. I imagine you should be able to fit a bigger battery in it.

All of our remotes look like cocks, why not just lean into it

7 Likes

I wish a remote utilized an 18650. I’d toss a 36G in that bitch and probs charge it once a month.

Wouldnt be impossible to 3dp a new rear panel to accept an 18650.

3 Likes