Uni1 | exway-type remote for VESC based ESCs? Can-bus controlled anti-spark?

Yeh some of us were looking at the vesc from them actually. How would you control the can bus switch on other vesc? I understand they developed an inbuilt switch for it.
Did you notice the Flipsky logo once in checkout page? Not sure they are connected or use it to gain credibility

I guess we’ll have to find out :eyes:

If someone from the stormcore team could chime in…

1 Like

Thst would be great if that option is also optanabke through app or button. So you can run single or dual

Oh you want to toggle all canbus communication?

I was talking about turning the board on/off with just the remote.

Ah I thought that is what the Canbus switch does. I guess is because it’s also thought for scooters and bikes and cheaper esc does already this function.

The mini remote will hold and run from a 14500 li-ion cell stuck into the AA holder. You just have to short out the second AA spot (or put an AA wrapped in aluminum foil on that side seriously don’t do that).

5 Likes

why are they so damn expensive for that little bit of capacity wtf

1 Like

Yeah these look awesome too but I don’t have a charger for them, so I’d have to rig something or buy something for that

1 Like

lifepo4 AA :thinking: haven’t seen that.

Cool!

1 Like

But it’s the voltage of roughly two regular AA

So good for some esk8 remotes like the mini

Could also be useful if made to fit in this remote

1 Like

Yeah I have a mini so it is interesting. so you just need to hook them up in parallel, 1.2Ah is damn good for getting more cycles than you’d ever need.

These are the new Meepo remotes that connect to their un-programmable escs. Interesting to see what the receiver looks like and if they can actually connect to a Vesc :thinking:

1 Like

What capacity would give me once a month charging on a vx1? Or a Hoyt puck? I feel like higher end remotes should be able to last a month of 5 days a week riding

1 Like

It’s here :eyes:

(Screen is fine, just a refresh rate thing)
Came packaged with this weird plastic sack thing that I’ve never seen in my life.

4 Likes

LMFAO bro that is terrifying. Hurry up and ride and gimme dataaaa I wonder order and am post-poning as long as possible. It’s like a fun little game. Or really long foreplay.

Well first I need setup instructions. @hardunclejohn may you provide instructions/how for the Uni1?

1 Like

Did you get the remote alone right? Then I guess is like a standard UART remote for configuration. Unfortunately you won’t have access to all the additional features that goes together with their ESC. Of course they can be implemented by the other esc developer if the original code is released.

Are you sure? Why not? If the Ubox runs stock firmware?

John mentioned several times that only when paired together those functions such us lights, horn, CAN bus switch can work. I guess ESC and receiver have inbuilt circuits to make them work. Then you only need to activate the UART port on the stock firmware to have access to those features. I do not think other ESC brands will work out of the box. I hope that I understood wrongly.
@hardunclejohn will bring light to the question.
For sure can be implemented to others too.

1 Like

Well, if every feature other than the ones you mentioned works, it’s still a huge win.