Torqueboards TB110 Really Big wheels [Serious]

They’ll be handed down from generation to generation.

I have had less luck with the 74A as well, but the 72A might be fine. The guys testing them don’t exactly treat them with kid gloves.

3 Likes

Dexter ain’t dumb.

3 Likes

These are the prototypes for the TB110 72A that I’ve been testing.

The things I’ve noticed: they feel as soft as the 74A, not really any noticeably softer in my opinion. They seem to do better on wet surfaces than 74A. They do better on small pebbles and loose debris than 74A. Longevity makes me nervous; I am worried about lifespan. But since I’ve had these in my possession, I have put as many miles (kilometers) on them as possible, and been as hard on them as possible. Trying everything to make them fail on 3 different skates, one longboard and two shortboards. For anyone wondering, here they are right now:

No chunking at this point in time.

7 Likes

Are you using glue at all?

2 Likes

No; never.

4 Likes

Dexter. He has your number.

2 Likes

:star_struck:
Now bite em!

1 Like

WOW i just tryed them, it feels sooo nice, i mean it’s enven smoother than the maytech gummies, a lot less speed wobbles and much more maniability (less breaks, that’s true, but you could even powerslide them)

6 Likes

Really? Once they are worn in you will struggle to slide even the 78’s. Grip is phenomenal. They are indestructible too. I have a set which must be getting on for a year old and they look freshly scrubbed in with no splits cuts or chunks. Best thane on the market by far.

5 Likes

I agree the 78A lasts literally longer than your human lifetime, and the 72A you trade some lifetime for insane grip. The 74A is an in-between.

Overall, best wheels on the market imho

7 Likes

well, i guess they need some more km to be worn enough…

sadly my deck didn’t survive thursday’s slide, a sharp turn on a dirty road…
(not used to thanes yet, so i lost control, at 40ish km/h and my crappy deck choose this time to break, i’m glad i’m all right but i’m stuck without a board again…)

3 Likes

Would weight be of concern pass the 120mm mark? I am also guessing Torque loss you think ??

1 Like

You mean like adding 100 more grams to a 15kg board?

:rofl:

In any case, the cells are going to be the heaviest part by far

1 Like

How many miles has those wheels been through?

Just change the pulley ratio no big deal

The original prototypes above?

They’ve outlasted 3 skates and are now on here

And still have zero chunking

3 Likes

No the 72as

Ah, the 72A finally did chunk a little bit, but under extreme circumstances

I have no idea to know exactly how many miles they had, but it was a lot. I’d say a lot more than would chunk a 74A Superfly, if that helps. Probably a few thousand.

They are still in use, as well.

1 Like

I think the major concern passing from 120mm to 135mm diameter wheel will be losing a bit of range rather than gaining a few more grams of weight per wheel for an overall 8 to 12kgs board. What is that compared to any rider weight which could shift from 75kgs to as much as 100 to 120 kgs ?

Is the urethane formula in the Blue 110mm the same in the Black ones??