Torqueboards TB110 Really Big wheels [Serious]

Yes, correct. Currently, they are both 72A.

3 Likes

Are you planning on releasing a production version of these? Cuz I want some :drooling_face:

Anyone ever compared these wheels to 77A Kegels or Caguamas? The baby blue ones

I loved them in the past, but after riding 8ā€ pneumatics for almost a year and going back to urethane they are way to hard

1 Like

74A TB110 is squishier than 77A Cags

3 Likes

Got about 50 miles on my first set of tb110s and love them so freaking smooth and can ride over stuff that I wouldnā€™t even try on my old 96mm

4 Likes

they are certainly the smoothest solid thane wheels

3 Likes

I was coming from hub motors so its that much more noticeable

1 Like

oh jesus yeahā€¦ your lucky feet now!

2 Likes

Havenā€™t done proper AB testing, but TB110 78A feel like pnematic wheels when riding on brick roads ā€“ very noticeable difference compared to the new 100mm Boas. Kinda hate myself now for not believing the hype :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Iā€™m over here sad I can put them on my matrix 2s I currently have, guess Iā€™ll just have to do another build :man_shrugging:t3::man_shrugging:t3:

Seriously though they got me like 50 mile range easy with being close to the feel of pneumatics. Love them wheels!

5 Likes

Hey Guys and Gals !

I am not ready for my TorqueBoards 110mm Thanes (blk) after riding for less than 10miles riding my 4WD EVO on 75KV Direct Drives.

I am opting for the slower and heavier Rubber wheel option as my knees and legs need to get used to this new level of speed and ESK8ing.

I am happy to let them go to anyone interested in 3 wheels. One of my wheels came off while riding at high speed last month because I didnā€™t tighten the wheel bolt.

I will be posting it on the For Sale thread soon.

I Also have a full set of ONSRA Rubber wheels as well.

3 Likes

Does anyone know why the TB website says that the black wheels are (out of stock - discontinued)? The blue are ok, but would prefer blackā€¦

2 Likes

no one knows, it happened out of the blue, and Dex isnā€™t here to answer questions anymore :cry:

3 Likes

Yeah, been OOS for a while now.

2 Likes

Seems strange. I would think that the black would be popular and worth producing. The blue look pretty and all, but Iā€™m more of a like things black kinda guyā€¦

The conspiracist inside me says that the black wheels were more durable, so they were discontinued so that planned obsolescence can take place :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

I donā€™t think that is the case; in fact, being able to see the core on the blue ones Iā€™d list as a benefit.

WHELP what I was worried about has happened and one of my TB110s has completely delaminated.
I thought Iā€™d broken a belt, but it was the hub spinning around inside the thane.
I switched the slipping wheel to the front (something I should have done as soon as I first saw a bubble growing between the hub and thane I realize now - itā€™s the back wheels that are going to be getting all the torque forces.).
Wheel still seems to be locked on to the hub by the ridges on the hub.
Iā€™m not super worried about the thane coming off while Iā€™m carving - but of course the risk is not zero.
Luckily for me I was just inside the 3-month warranty on my @PropulsionBoards board. I contacted them as soon as I saw the bubble forming and they agreed to send me a replacement wheel. They say they have a set on order and theyā€™ll send me one when they come in.
Kinda makes me wish Iā€™d bought the extended warranty now - it would only take one having to buy one set of replacement TB110s to make it worth it.

How common is this delamination?

1 Like

7 Likes

Put some super glue in there and run them exclusively on the non-powered and of your board

3 Likes