TB110 72A: the grip intensifies [serious]

Bolt holes are even different from retainer to pulley

2 Likes

That’s a kegel retainer and an abec pulley. Contact Torqueboards, I’m sure they will sort this out.

7 Likes

That’s impressive!

Just keep trying it’ll fit :wink:

3 Likes

I tried a four pound mini sledge it didn’t work :joy:

1 Like

Like this?

8 Likes

I’ve only seen it on one wheel before, the ones in your picture, harfang:

http://harfangwheels.com/

I haven’t seen many reviewers using them before but they sure look neat

4 Likes

adding to what @sioux612 stated

Stoneground wheels are pre-broken in which can make sliding easier.

2 Likes

And you are less likely to chunk the wheel.

5 Likes

I’m on the fence

Currently riding Abec 97s, and they are nice enough, never had a bad thing to say about them. Sooner or later I wanna go a size bigger tough, for my TBDD

Now, are the TB110 so good that they are worth not only their own price but also the Kegel wheel adapters (another 100 bucks or so)? Or should I just go abec 107s and be sad that they aren’t offered in blue?

Superfly are a significantly different wheel despite being a similar size.

What sort of terrain do you ride, and in what climate?

I know after I started using the TB110 wheels, I switched all my skates over to kegel adaptors one by one over a couple years. I strongly prefer them over the Superfly.

1 Like

I’m from germany, so climate wise its between 10°C (50F) and 30°C (90F)
Most roads aren’t buttery smooth, but they aren’t too awful. I was never in a situation where 97s weren’t enough. The wildest thing my boards might see are roads that basically look like this stock image:

https://images.app.goo.gl/Vkoinibcpjduqbr89

Is it just the super soft duro or what else is different?

They have a super-wide contact patch. The Superfly are tall and more skinny like the 97mm Refly are, the TB110 are really wide.

Yes. (14.5ManerInches)

1 Like

Well crap, I was really hoping you’d say that the difference is barely noticeable so I could feel good about not having to spend the money.

I really should have at least gotten the adapters from the get go

Is there a noticeable difference between the blue and black ones (asuming both with same duro)? Cause I’d like to get the blue ones but as we know, sometimes the smaller batches of special colored wheels can have issues regarding chunking etc.

Also, is it 72 or 74A?

Picture says one thing, description a different

The TB110 have been sold in 78A, 74A, and 72A durometers.

I believe all the current offerings from @torqueboards are 72A, but you may be able to find the other durometers on the used parts market.

Ah okay, I never saw 74A for sale and must have glossed over that part in the thread, that explains why the pics show 74A :slight_smile:

I want to get the 72s anyways, since I have never been able to slide anyways and nice and soft sounds fun

I have both the first offering in the 78A black and the next which was the 74A blue, and for me, there wasn’t that big a difference. Both great. Most people disagreed with me on the difference, though. Mainly that has to do with the 78A being an admirably soft wheel despite the higher number.

I haven’t tried the 72A wheel yet, but if it survives @b264 and @ahrav , it’s likely as tough as it is great to ride.

As for my ABEC 107s? Have barely touched them since my first set of 110s arrived.

2 Likes

I was able to break the 72A, but it was with extreme punishment.

2 Likes

Yes, this is true for me as well. In fact, I sold a bunch of them. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Cant remember if I already posted this here or not, but this is Midnight.

75kv TBDD’s on 72a 110’s. Cushy as fuck, even on shit roads. Lots of grip, even straight out the box and not broken in. Very satisfying chewiness, good mouth feel. Can recommend.

16 Likes