TB110 72A: the grip intensifies [serious]

a new generation of TB110 polyurethane longboard wheels offering the best grip and comfort available

I have been testing some prototype @torqueboards TB110 wheels in 72A and the grip they have seems phenomenal.

Their appearance will be very similar to these:

and these:

I hear these are going to be hitting the scene early this summer or maybe in late spring. (Looks at calendar… it’s late spring right now :smirk:)

The biggest improvements I have noticed is that they work better in wet conditions, on small pebbles, and on rough, aged asphalt. Overall, they seem better to me than the already-amazing TB110 in 74A as long as they hold up for a long time. I haven’t been able to chunk them with hard riding.

These should be launching in opaque black and diaphanous blue colors.

This is the third skate I’ve been running these prototypes on, and they’ve been kicking my ass

I’ve even had good luck with them on wet roads and in the rain, which seems to be the weakest link for polyurethane longboard wheels.

I can’t wait to get my hands on some of the production version from our friends over at Torqueboards. nail-biting intensisifes

some other folks have been testing them as well

33 Likes

How different is your average consumption in Wh with these VS the 74a wheels?

This makes me happy that my friend’s Senderized deck will hopefully match with them :smiley:

4 Likes

I actually haven’t noticed much of a difference in consumption nor in ride smoothness (it’s already super smooth) but the grip seems higher.

The jury is still out on longevity, but I have done everything I can to punish them, and, like their TB110 brethren, they have resisted everything so far.

5 Likes

Mine still going strong, no chunks. Never got them to slide on a clean surface. Rain traction is good . Though pebbles, gravel or sand on asphalt is scary, lots of traction to none is hard to get used to. Quite plush 98% of the time. Cracks perpendicular to the direction of travel can be harsh. Although at 45deg angle you can even ride up gutters. Light off-roading possible.

4 Likes

Hopefully should be available soon enough. :smiley::+1:

19 Likes

Can’t wait!! I’m putting money in my Wife don’t know I’m buying more skateboard parts account :joy:

10 Likes

I actually sent Dex info on this and the average increase for me for wh/mi was like approx .1. I should also mention I was running AWD. But as @b264 mentioned seemz pretty low. That difference could’ve easily been just more aggressive riding so hard to definitely say that was the main culprit.

5 Likes

Any chance of having these in 100mm and same contact patch as the 110s?

2 Likes

Super excited about the opaque black. Want to see pictures!

1 Like

I thought I was done buying new “shoes” but if they come in 100mm with the same CP…

2 Likes

Unfortunately, not. It’s literally only a 5mm height from 110mm.

Should switch over. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@torqueboards I love it how you guys are thinking outside the box!

I see no 83a duro that rides like 78a bullshit around here :nauseated_face:.

you guys hit a home run with your 74a wheels. 72a can only be better :metal:t3:

16 Likes

So what you are saying is 74 don’t ride like a 69???

7 Likes

@torqueboards : I consider you to be the single most important vendor in our industry. Not discounting any others, just super thrilled to see yet another game changing product on the horizon.

I must ask, however, Since you (Dex) are making the best Urethane’s in the multiverse, when are you gonna offer the single-best modular press-fit pulleys (at the lowest price possible) to compliment these wheels? LITERALLY the only reason I don’t already have your wheels is that I already have BKB Abec modular pulleys, and he’s out of stock on the kegel adapters. I’ll give you my dog in exchange for your cooperation in this matter. Thanks.

Also, if @b264 needs help testing these new wheels and the future-pulleys, I’d be super down to lend a hand. You can thank me later

EDIT: If you’d like some design notes, I’d be glad to discuss (not that I know what I’m talking about or anything, just offering). Cheers!

9 Likes

Exactly. 74s ride like They should Just like riding a cloud on your way to heaven :raised_hands:t3: :rofl:

4 Likes

Might be a dumb question but any specific reason the cp isn’t as wide on smaller wheels?

1 Like

We will most likely get rid of the other sizes TBH. :cry:

7 Likes

@torqueboards I am buying these new wheels the instant they are available. If you need a tester let me know. I’ve been riding every day the weather permits.

2 Likes

So is there a noticeable difference between the original 78’s which are imo the best wheel in everywhere?

4 Likes

Oh so only 110mm in the future?