TB110 72A: the grip intensifies [serious]

Crazy color crazy dust magnet

13 Likes

They probably only last a really super long time, and not “forever” like the 78A. The 72A are better in wet conditions and on loose gravel like what you’ll frequently find in a bike lane.

7 Likes

I do find gravel in my bike lanes and the cops are on me for middling the road. Its why I asked

Obviously i will still middle the road but it is good to have options

Nice work Brian and @torqueboards, Dex you are a little champion.

9 Likes

3 Likes

Ah, such a shame. I feel like there is a gap in the market where there is no wheels in the 90-100mm range with wide contact patch, not with kegel core nor with abec core. Only the Evolve ones.

Thanks for you answer though.

5 Likes

I mean Boas exist…

2 Likes

You’re right, but way too high duro for me tho.

1 Like

Who rides 90-100mm anyways :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Imo yea they are a lot different than the 78s. With the 74s they aren’t as noticeable but the differences are still there.

As @b264 mentioned they someone kick ass on wet surfaces. For thane it’s pretty unreal. As for you I think you will also benefit if your roads are less than perfect. They tend to eat up looser roads pretty well.

The soft and squishy enough that crossing over that stupid slipper lane divider won’t cause minor heart attacks when you change lanes over them.

They also tend to hug the ground A LOT better than the 78s. If you take some turns on the 78s like you did with the 72s you would lose it out of the turn. These will hold you down it’s pretty unreal.

So to me the difference is pretty apparent and I think if you liked the 78s you in for a good one with these.

(I am not a wheel expert, just opinion after approx 800ish miles on them)

6 Likes

Exactly! Can’t do anything with them. Heck. At 110mm ground clearance is just ok Specially if you roll on gear drives

4 Likes

True that. 90mm is just blah

2 Likes

Haha. You’re about to get it homie :rofl:

1 Like

I’d buy them!

I would we need a version of gummies that don’t ride like ass.

1 Like

You might not know this, but Dex was once a member of the Guardians of the Galaxy :ok_hand:

6 Likes

Yea @torqueboards please enlighten us with those results. We are all curious.

1 Like

when you say in wet roads, do you mean by just riding in straight lines?

I would presume that it was still slide out if you carve correct?

1 Like

Lol, we shouldn’t be carving in the wet anyway…

1 Like

I am convinced that big men like small rides. and vice versa.

1 Like

In the rain or in wet conditions (or on blind tiles or small pebbles even in dry conditions), I try to not lean much at all until I slow down a lot. Just like if you were in a car driving on snow. Carving is off the table completely if it’s raining.

But compared to other wheels, these TB110 72A seem to work much better in those conditions.

blind tiles

6 Likes