TB110 72A: the grip intensifies [serious]

Top mounted folkes and europeans. I ride 85mm :dancer:t3:

2 Likes

If you canā€™t get them in 100mm, you could take them to a machine shop and ask them to take a little off the diameter. Urethane cuts like butter with the right lathe tool, and it should be a quick job.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve been wondering if that would induce more chunking, seems to be ok from what I have seen (harfang).

Wonder what the best method to make the rounded edges would be if not using a CNC lathe. Custom rounded cutting tool or just manually making the shape.

Either a form tool, a ball turning jig, or just approximate it with a couple angled cuts using the compound slide.

I think you might get chunking with a form tool due to the greatly increased cutting area and tool pressure.

1 Like

Iā€™m SO with you on the blind tiles. Have pooped many pants rolling over these in a straight line, thinking ā€œI wonder if Iā€™ll die this timeā€¦ā€. Aaand Iā€™ve just barely survived. Even at a slight angle, itā€™s manageable, but perpendicular = poo-pants.

5 Likes

Iā€™m convinced these blind man strips are created by the Illuminati secret societies themselvesā€¦ and employed worldwide creating a billion dollar industry - do blind men even actually use them?

5 Likes

Waitā€¦ your telling me these demonized rubber hell spike carpets are for the blind!? I though they where for the winter so you donā€™t slip on the incline if it froze over
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The ratio of blind people to blind man strip is about

1 : 10,000,000
There are way to many, and letā€™s face it, as a blind man, crossing the street is basically frogger blindfolded with a death wishā€¦ doubt they go for tons of strolls

9 Likes

Haha. That I didnā€™t know

I thot those were used to keep kickpushers off the side walks :rofl:

5 Likes

I know right :laughing: but am just wanting to make sure on the statements, because to someone it might sounds like the 72a is possible to carve on wet roads :-1:

Thanks for the clarification Brian :+1: i normally slow down while passing these blind tiles, or avoid them totally :slight_smile:

I shall see whatā€™s the price on these new 72a and perhaps I can finally get them :smiley:

1 Like

Just to be perfectly clear, I donā€™t recommend riding any polyurethane longboard wheels in the rain.

but if you have to get somewhere

and life isnā€™t waiting around for the weather

ā€‹

then these are probably your best bet

if you need to be able to skate on wet roads in a pinch.

I personally wouldnā€™t say I do it a lot, but I definitely do it if I need to, even in a thunderstorm sometimes. Because sometimes life canā€™t just pause until the weather is nice

4 Likes
7 Likes

Haha thanks for clarifying Brian :+1:

I donā€™t ride in the wet at all now, have done it before in damp roads after rain as I was rushing and was worried as heck for my electronic parts :sweat_smile:

They also help smartphone zombies notice crossings. I hate them too, but with some skill theyā€™re fine even on small wheels.

2 Likes

We recently got a lot of street and sidewalk construction done over the last year, And the new strip has studs practically half an inch tall. The ones in moons video are mere goosebumps in comparison. Will be awesome to see the difference when I go from my hard ass 97 flywheel clones to these new chewy TB110s

3 Likes

In the US they are called ADA bumps and yes they are the bane of riders everywhere to the point where I feel they were actually adopted as a subtle fuck you to skateboarders as well as keeping the visually impaired from jogging into traffic. Going over these things on cags feels like death.

5 Likes

Not sure this is PC buddy. I think they were intended for blind people, regardless of the individualā€™s gender identity. (kidding, but also seriously).

Back on topic: @b264 I have always appreciated your contributions to our forum(s), and wanted to thank you for your input here as well. I will also go on to say that youā€™re a lucky bastard for being the tester of these wheels. Your technical write-ups are great, and I understand how you got into this position, but Iā€™m still jealousā€¦

As I mentioned above, @torqueboards , these wheels sound really great. Canā€™t wait to get a set of the same arctic blue color thatā€™s currently available (with those A+ pulleys I suggested as well :kissing_heart:)

6 Likes

Question I have for the testersā€¦ and it seems there is either no clear consensus or maybe Iā€™m missing itā€¦

Are these at all noticably softer to any degree than the 74A? The difference between 78A and 74A was definitely noticeable imoā€¦ not really the same case here, but improved grip?

Iā€™m excited for these in 72A, but if they were noticably softer at all than the 74A Iā€™d be excited even more so.

I donā€™t feel a noticed increase in softness, only in grip. Maybe a little, but mostly how they handle feels different to me.

Iā€™d like to hear others chime in though

5 Likes

Agree 100%. Not really softer to me. Just a lot more grip.

5 Likes

By the way, any of you guys who tested the 72a 110mm compared it to the new Boas 100mm?

2 Likes