The battery builders club

Ahh that’s your go to basically right? I will be making a 12s2p P42A and I was going to do folded nickel connections again but I will have 0.5" tinned copper braid on the way anyway so that might be the move

Yeah either down the side or folded back over on itself. 25mm will still work for that.

3 Likes

What series connections are hidden in that?

Folded nickel in between the full 4p packs

1 Like

Aw damn so I can’t do that

@A13XR3
This looks like Evolve’s BMS. :thinking:

2 Likes

Yup, that one was a Bamboo GT pack @esk8jpn

1 Like

then get some flux for aluminium/stainless when you use that stuff you can solder to glass lol

1 Like

I used tons of flux sanded it and gave it a ton of heat… Couldn’t get it to stick. In salt water it wouldn’t rust and when put to a cutoff wheel it sparked like nuts. The stuff I got had some weird properties.

not the stuff thats usually used, rosin or whatever, you need some weird oil like liquid which smokes and stinks when evaporates haha its specifically made for alu and stainless as it cleans the oxide on aluminium.

1 Like

who here uses a kweld? What do you using to power it? I’m trying to power mine with a 12s2p battery (30Q cells) and am getting a a “remove short!” error when I plug it in =(((

Are the probes touching?

Also im pretty sure 12s is too much input voltage… And that is way too weak to spotweld

2 Likes

nope they’re not touching. Hmmm so what’s a good power source for this thing that’s not a crazy complicated supercapacitor or something?

not an answer to your issue , but this is a good thread to read over.

1 Like

the lipo linked on its website 3s 5ah 75c i f i remember well, and its only about 30$

2 Likes

According to the instructions you max out at 7s, but supposedly you want 3s. They have links to recommend stuff in the product description

1 Like

Yeah I found it, sorry I was a little slow on spotting the info. Got this:

a little more than $30 but meh, duty calls =/

I bought the exact same thing lol

1 Like

how did you fit 8awg into an xt90?

With lots of heat, it’s a pretty rough job but it’s solid. If I could do it again I would twist the wires to make it a tight bundle because mine are all over the place, I used a cap to hide the mess

1 Like