The battery builders club

Anyone else got some comments on 30Q vs MJ1 in terms of cycle life? Was hopping for a few more opinions or data points.

The solder definitely beads up and doesn’t like sticking to the non-scuffed side, but both sides formed strong bonds and are solid!

2 Likes

Sounds good! If you really want to make sure it’s 100% legit take a cutoff wheel to it and make sure it doesn’t spark. The only reason I’m telling you to do these tests is because I’ve had bad experiences buying wide nickel from China.

2 Likes

yup, passed the spark test! I’ll post on the saltwater in a few days

2 Likes

Sounds like you got the good stuff!

1 Like

I’ve been super busy, and no where near done yet. :call_me_hand:t2:

11 Likes

Damn bro how many batteries do you need?

2 Likes

I expanded my capacity for building them to sell. Couldn’t sacrifice quality to keep up with demand. (The 12S7P is mine tho!)

2 Likes

nice work, man
Is that .25mm wide nickel?

I hate cutting all those little strips of the 10mm, lol

1 Like

Thanks! Yeah its 25mm wide .2mm thickness from fogstar. It’s a little small for 21700 cells tho so I’m going to get some 30mm wide in the future for that specifically.

Wait fuck…can you do square grid 21xxx cells at all with 25mm nickel?

Imo, no it’s not wide enough, but you could make contact enough for it to work.

Hmm…fuck

Is 30 enough then?

Yeah, 30mm covers from edge to edge of the positive terminals the same war 25 does the 18650’s. I would definitely go 30mm for 21 wide cells

2 Likes

@whaddys My life is a complete lie…can I still take you up on your earlier offer?

1 Like

Hmm fuck. I will be in the same boat

4 Likes

Someone here needs to buy like 20kg of 30mm by 0.2mm nickel and distribute it to the rest of us…we need a battery building supply GB

5 Likes

Im just gonna use 12mm. Only got 3 batteries to build and i have heaps of 12mm

Can still use 25mm for the fold over tabs… all is not lost.

1 Like

What do you mean fold over tabs? The 10awg to cell connections?

Tabs that fold down the side of the cell or back over on top of itself on top of the cell

Like this

7 Likes