Suggest a 42" or 44" deck and enclosure for me

I’m tired of switching my RKP and DKP trucks back and forth on my board so I’m going to build a second board.
Looking for a suggestion for deck and enclosure.
This is the deck I have right now:

I like it - it’s got just the right amount of concave so I can feel where my feet go.
I could theoretically just buy it again.
It’s 38" inches tho and I’m quite tall (6’4") so I think a couple inches longer would be good so I’m looking for 40". UPDATE now I’m thinking 42 or even 44 would suit me better.
Also it’s a bit narrow for me at 9.5". I have big feet.
I think 11" would be better - or even 12".
I weigh about 200 lbs.

Anyone have a suggestion for me?

Obvs would also need an enclosure that is compatible with it - 21700 12s4p single-stack non-flexy battery.

thicc gasket need if u build with 21700 cells

2 Likes

40" Switchblade with Eboosted enclosure can fit a 12s4p, but you might get wheel bite. You need trucks with wide hangers and a longer than usual wheel-base. TKP trucks would work, or something like Surf Rodz RKP or Kahua trucks from Haggy.

2 Likes

I should have mentioned the trucks and hangers I have:
paris RKP with Boardnamics 220mm hangers.
I want to stick with that.

Then my suggestion won’t work I’m afraid.

I think I will check it out anyway since Landyachts factory store is near me and from my quick google the Switchblade is by Landyachts.
I’ll take my trucks out there and feel it around.
If it’s a close thing I can always do @b264 's trick of wrapping grip tape around the wheels and using them to sand a cutout into the board exactly where the wheelbite would occur.

1 Like

Tb40v2 or hummie, though I don’t believe hummie will fit 12s4p without modification or DS

1 Like

Please no, those sharp corners of the deck are where your feet sit, and they’re the prettiest part of the board. BN 270mm hangers might work with it though. But do check it out, why not :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Don’t worry if it means completely defacing the board or risking having wheelbite against my shoes I won’t do it.

Do you have links for these two?

Consider the Rayne Demonseed. The one I have is 42" and I am just over 6’ tall. It is easily one of the widest decks I have ever stood on - my size 13 shoes fit without hanging off of the edges! The rocker and microdrop (.75") are really nice and make you feel locked in and the recent Eboosted enclosure that Alan whipped up is an absolute beauty that will fit 12S5P of P42A cells if you are determined.

Surprisingly it doesn’t weigh a ridiculous amount and the deck has massive wheel wells so you will not run into wheel bite like you would on a Switchblade 40.

7 Likes

Hmm
“the Demonseed 36 will fit riders up to 5’8” the Demonseed 39 will best fit riders from 5’8” to 6’0” tall and Riders over 6’0” should check out the Demonseed 42.”

It sounds like I should be looking for a 42 not a 40. This might be the winner.

2 Likes

I think tb40v2 you have to email Torque Boards for, I don’t believe it’s listed on site

1 Like

Landyachtz EVO. Enclosures available from both BigBen and Eboosted.

4 Likes

Janpom is too classy to point the finger to his own killer stuff, but this is a perfect (and tasty) deck for bigger guys:

7 Likes

Read that thread and that is very interesting - but it doesn’t look like he’s ready to ship the board+enclosure+gasket thingy combo just yet. I’m impatient.

Actually, I’m just waiting for the decks. I should have already had them on hand by now but things got delayed. They should arrive sometime after Monday 23rd. :crossed_fingers:

Note though that this deck is really big. My 40" Evo looks tiny next to it. It feels and rides very differently from a 40" deck, so maybe not quite what you’re after.

1 Like

I’m learning that a 40" deck is probably small for me so it might be that yours is perfect and I just don’t know what I’m missing.

2 Likes

I went by Landyachtz today and tried the Evo. It’s too narrow at the back alas my toes curl over the side when I stand on it.
I wasn’t able to put my trucks on the switchblade to test out the wheelbite situation cause they’re too busy but he said if I come over soon as they open tmrw he can probably put em on for me to try.

If you want a really wide deck, check out psychotiller/west coast standard. We custom painted a Llama. It was 42” long and 11.5” wide.

7 Likes