Suggest a 42" or 44" deck and enclosure for me

Combined with a Psychotiller ABS enclosure, it works well with a 124p 21700 pack.

Here is a comparison picture between your current deck and the Llama

3 Likes

damn can I see size compared to another common deck like hummie?

I’ll take a pic in a little bit.

That’s hot. How does one buy that deck and enclosure?

looks like you got lost on your way to a surfboard forum my dude, that thing is huge

1 Like

Maybe let’s not point him to one of the scammiest sellers in esk8.

3 Likes

Bill is well respected on the forum. May be better to listen to him. Anyone know of another manufacturer of really wide decks?

2 Likes

Another interesting option:

A guy here bought a rare Rayne Demonseed 42", but decided not to keep it.

Anyone remember who that was?

1 Like

Its a 44" demonseed. Can’t believe no ones snagged it up yet

3 Likes

I don’t think I can swing 285 euros plus all the duty and taxes and shipping involved in getting it to Canada…
…but someone hit me up with a 42" demonseed that’s in america so def thinking about that.

1 Like

https://shop.ccs.com/rayne-demonseed-42-longboard-deck-wavecamo?gclid=CjwKCAjw9uKIBhA8EiwAYPUS3F2UnP6SqGDt7Z0nRRY81bd0uOHFsXWiSsY3gljL83FqH_kdsdXFKRoCHsQQAvD_BwE

2 Likes

Ah cool. I actually meant “someone in the states has offered to sell me thier demonseed via PM” not “please give me a link to a demonseed”.
However that link is very helpful so thank you!

4 Likes

Keep in mind the Rayne Demonseed 42" is 10" wide.

3 Likes

I tried my trucks on a switchblade this morning. It just baaaarely fits

Probably not safe but I decided to get it anyway and do a little surgery with the flap disk (preserving that pretty shape as much as possible so @rusins is not disappointed)

But then I noticed when I got it home that it seems a bit short. Arg I bought the 38 not the 40.

The factory store doesn’t have any 40s right now so I had to refund it and I’m back on the hunt again.

They said they would call me if any 40s come in but they don’t know when that would be because they have to satisfy their b2b customers first.

3 Likes

Drop through? You won’t have space for the enclosure. Have to regular mount. So that will give you a bit more space as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

I looked at the top mount (it’s called the switch not the switchblade) it’s got 2cm of dropdown instead of less than one on the dropthrough switchblade so it’s not much more clearance for the enclosure actually.
Plus I don’t like how the deep dropdown locks you in.
I need to be able to run off the board if something bad happens.
I don’t mind scraping my enclosure on speedbumps and whatnot. I really like the lowrider look.

Unless you are saying buy the switchblade but just dont drop through. Yeah could totally do that if it comes to it.
Yeah that might help the wheelbite situation.
K if I wind up with a switchblade I will suss that out.

That is what I’m saying. Since Alan’s enclosure is for the Switchblade and follows its drop concave. I daily ride a switchblade and I wouldn’t call the drop aggressive. I’ve never gotten caught on it while running off…

ALRIGHTY

Got myself a Switchblade 40.

There was one store in town that had it. I promised myself I’d never go back to this store because they are so unfriendly to people looking for parts for their electric vehicles:

But ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Thanks for the input all!

Gonna go get that enclosure now.

2 Likes