Spot welder alternatives

I need to spotweld for my battery pack but i looked at some and the cheapest one i could find was €122

Are there any alternatives that are cheaper because i only need it for 1 pack and probably won’t use it a lot after.

1 Like

Stay away from these welders. They suck mostly.

A much better choice would be a battery powered welder such as Malectrics, K-weld or a Boss welder.
It will be easier to sell after since it is much smaller and works a lot better.

4 Likes

This is your issue. You buy a welder if you’re doing 4+ packs. Under that you’re better off using a battery builder. It’s not just the welder, you’ll be left with loads of excess material. Not cost effective

2 Likes

The options @taz mentioned are definitely better. I used the one you linked, but it kept tripping the fuses in my house at around 80 amps so I often had to re-engage the fuse… I would have gone with another option if I could have (using a lipo pack as power supply). But if you just weld one pack and it seems you speak dutch ask @pjotr47 to build a pack for you :wink:

1 Like

I’m thinking about welding p-groups for others in the eu. :thinking:

4 Likes

Thanks for the tag @Creavenger

@Timmy I can help you out for a custom battery. Feel free to send me a private message. I talk also dutch and french :wink:

2 Likes

If you need one battery, building it yourself, spending lots of money on equipment does not make sense.

@pjotr47 is local to you, and he builds batteries, if he can not do it for some reason, I do it as well as @tinp123 we are both in Croatia but can ship all over eu.

3 Likes

lol, this probably isn’t your play here, and you should just pay someone to build you a pack, but here you go…

That was on the highest setting

.2mm x10mm

Kweld is still better.

4s graphine

The xt60 melts after 15 welds- solder falls off :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

can’t watch the video

2 Likes
2 Likes

I once built one from car audio caps and a big thyristor. But i went back to direct solder onto my 18650, i know it’s not healthy, but i’m good at soldering :zap: :fire:

Massive top tip from @Lee_Wright, use neodymium magnets to hold the nickel on.

7 Likes

My first spot welder was a sunkko despite having good reviews on Ali the fucker just tripped my breakers constantly I upgraded to 30amp breakers. This is a common issue in countries that run 220/240AC, It struggled with .15 nickel and no chance of .20 or copper strips. I bought the kweld and it was like night and day better. I recently built a PSU to run my kweld off mains it used my Graphene battery like a capacitor.

I recommend buying P-packs already welded from a trusted forum member, and soldering/insulating/wiring/constructing the battery with those.

3 Likes

who sells pre-welded p packs?

1 Like

I feel bad dropping names since there are so many folks and I’m no doubt missing a lot, but just two off the top of my head

EU:

US:

3 Likes

1 Like

Pretty good timing… DIY spotwelder. Definitely a bad idea.

5 Likes

this was painful to watch :persevere:

5 Likes