The battery builders club

I’ll probably run the battery and motor at 30/-12 and 40/-24 for now

1 Like

But seriously, whose got single pin connectors? Or at least a source for them?

(Making modular p-packs since I might move the guts of this board)

1 Like

Yeah I would say dont run it higher then 80 amps

1 Like

Wait a minute. Doesn’t the BMS go between the Charge/load(-) and the Batt(-)?
Also might be best to wait for the BMS. It’s @Halbj613 (no offense)

2 Likes

This right here :point_up_2::+1:

In 3p Those 40T cells could do 90A until they get too warm. 75-80 you won’t even have to think about it.

Edit:
But honestly, thinking about it more. Unless you do sustained hill climbing you could just set it at 90A and likely never get to over temp. That way you have a tiny bit more when you want it. Either way

$30 spot welder

And nickel test at 90 amps, 12 volts. 1080 watts. Same as a 30 amp at skateboard levels

6 Likes

12s4p 40T for @PixelatedPolyeurthan

I like to use hot glue and kapton to press it while it’s still hot to secure balance wires in place.

21 Likes

Thats continious 90A you could pulse 100+a for a second or two in startup with no problems

But you will never pull 90A on 50V, I max pull motor 70A at 15v when starting with full throttle
Thats like 30A battery or something other insignificant

Such a good trick! I do the same thing!

7 Likes

What do you think about this?
Im looking for some new stuff to hold my cells while welding and something to hold them while glueing as well

What do you guys use?

2 Likes

Noticing some variations in the voltages on my p groups, this is the worst one 4.12…any way that I can charge just this p group? Without disassembling the pack lol

3 Likes

I lay them on a bit of chipboard with two permanent side walls to form a corner and screw in timber to hold the batteries tight together while i glue

9 Likes

Use the probes with very low amps?

sure, just apply 4.2v at that cell, and monitor carefully. you can even do this through the balance port

6 Likes

You can unplug the bms connector, and pull out the 2 leads that make negative and positive for that p group and charge using those

4 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for the help guys! Basicly I have lion charger that fits 18650-26650, and I was going to extend some leads from the terminals on it to that p groups possitive and negative.

2 Likes

@Skyart

I use this connector to charge a pgroup using my icharger duo.

7 Likes

This seems to be working

9 Likes

Question for you guys, whats the cheapest way to send a battery to the UK? i am getting outrageous quotes from just about everywhere. USPS does not ship just a battery. DHL is like 200 bucks and the cheapest i have found is parcel monkey and even they are like 80 bucks…

In thought y’all sorted that before making the battery

But I think it’s cheaper the other way. @tomiboi managed to ship that kid something… Maybe he’s got a cheap way?

4 Likes