[WTB] Spot Welder

looking to buy a spot welder either malectrics or the boss level
shipped to Israel (the holy land)

2 Likes

There are some cheaper chinese versions that could be good for a beginner. Thinking those might be cheaper to ship to you and get overall.

1 Like

can you link me to one?

1 Like

Spot welder alternatives

1 Like

In summery it says to buy the boss welder or malectrics… All others are no good.
I have a portable spot welder at home but it cant do 0.15 nickel only 0.1

This one

1 Like

That’s good advice. Kweld is also very good

No reason to waste money on anything else.

2 Likes

Get the malectrics one. It can do 0.2mm nickel if you use two 60C 3s LiPos in parallel. Here is what my setup looks like

5 Likes

Where did you get your probe setup from?

2 Likes

Damn that delivery time tho lol.

Do you get consistent welds with it? Did you use ring connectors on the pen?

I get very consistent welds. I have to clean the electrodes after a while but that’s normal. I don’t know what ring connectors are, maybe by a different name?

1 Like

This…

I was hoping someone would have a used one to sell.

1 Like

I really wish we traded them around more often but given they are usually battery powered it becomes annoying to sell and ship the setup with or without the battery and find a new use for it.

What is your budget for this? Malectrics would be a solid bet!

1 Like

I was thinking 150USD I think that’s reasonable.
I would actually prefer a spot welder that can be powered by AC, I can DIY one from a microwave transformer I’m just not feeling like dealing with live AC, currently trying to decide between melctrics and the boss level.

1 Like

HOME
/ ARDUINO SPOT WELDER PARTS

DIY Arduino Battery Spot Welder Prebuilt Kit V3.3

€75,55

Now just steal the battery from your neighbor’s car and you have a legit spot welder for less than $100 plus shipping.

I have no idea how Suunko is still in business…
A used one for sale? Very rare! You will have to pry mine from my cold dead hands :joy:

1 Like

I actually ordered this exeact kit today and I have the old battery from my old Car so the neighbor is safe… For now…

Everywhere I read that sankku is shit… Is your any good?

1 Like

Nah, never had one. Almost bought one, then I did a little research…
Since then, I’ve seen several people here waste their money on one. they always end up getting Kweld or Malectrics and never look back.

1 Like

I’d love a kweld but the its a bit to expensive for me right now… Maybe if I’ll start a little Side buisness here… There’s a demand for it…

1 Like