Spot welder alternatives

lol, I’ve got more bad ideas if anyone is looking…

Hey I was just about to link this hahah you beat me too it. What do you guys think about that idea?

Hey it’s Linus

2 Likes

i already have the batteries

Then you don’t need to weld anything :crazy_face:

Hasn’t this post been done 10 times before? either use NESE modules, get a KWeld/Maletrics or someone with a KWeld/Maletrics to do it for you.

2 Likes

I dumpster dived a microwave to build a diy welder but messing with mains voltage is not worth the risk. getting the welder is the easy & cheaper part. the steep learning curve is something else. If you you look at my build log for "The Kracken’ on the other forum you will see one of my batteries caught fire. A hard lesson learned and $200 is cells and bms down the toilet. Knowing what I know now I would have likely bought batteries from a local. Lithium is unforgiving when it comes to mistakes and shortcuts. even after 12 packs I still consider myself a battery noob.

3 Likes

single cell huh.

I was hoping they would be selling the doodle doer separate

2 Likes

Both my spot welders get super hot after even 50 welds one has a Intel CPU cooler retro fitted to it. So these sealed units will be useless on a big build.

1 Like

mineral oil cooling

Could work but how do you cool the mineral oil. Just delaying thermal saturation.

2 Likes

A nice mineral oil fountain? With some RGB LEDs, of course. :grin:

6 Likes

That flipsky seems similar to malectics, i wonder how it performs, welding .3 nickel is a serious claim

3 Likes
2 Likes

Cheaper from the actual manufacturer

Super sceptical about specs.
3 Likes

it probably welds. I found it on ali too if someone wanted to wholesale

cough cough cough clouh @kevin

just get a car battery, some wire, and a couple of nails. If your hands are fast enough you’ll be fine.

3 Likes

Or just some 9v batteries

Btw: don’t try this BS.
1 Like

'murdia