The battery builders club

You may not have had enough pressure on the probes, or not making contact with whatever you were welding to.

1 Like

nickel to nickel

oldy but goody :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

3 Likes

That is the malectrics welder right? Considering switching out my old sunkko for one of those. How is it working out for you?

1 Like

fantastic, over 8000 welds on it and going like new

8 Likes

Getting one as soon as I get the funds then. The sunkko I have is acting up really weird. Also the probes being stationary is annoying as hell.

2 Likes

17ms, is that on 0.15mm nickel to cell? Do you prefer the auto function over the manual foot switch?

Auto all day,
timing will vary based on battery used and its current charge, as well as which terminal is being welded to or nickel layers, on .15 I’ve used 15-22ms
oh and clean tips, clean tips, clean tips and clean tips :grin:

3 Likes

Weird thing of the day: 3s10p hooked up to a 3s lipo jump starter for a 12v 400Wh power bank that is rechargable via USB-C PD.

Can output 12v 10A via 5.5mm jack or USB-C up to 20v 1.5A
2x QC 3.0 USB A ports.

8 Likes

This solves many problem like people always ask, how do you recharge your kweld lipo at starbucks when you only brought macbook charger? No fret, now it is possible.

9 Likes

How you do that usually? Just some fine sandpaper and good, or something fancy?

I just buff mine with some 320 fine grit sandpaper to get a shine on it

3 Likes

The fanciest

and yeah i haven’t bought any more since 2012 :yum:

3 Likes

:joy: why are you needing to recharge your kweld lipos at starbucks? You crazy dude

7 Likes

To get something useful back for that expensive coffee :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

Seems easier just to steal the sugar…

images - 2020-02-27T201504.036

8 Likes

Sometimes you just want to assemble some P groups with your morning coffee. This goes with my new backpack size alignment jig, with 90 degree and 60 degree faces for flat or diagonal dual stack packs.

13 Likes

you could always ask for a jumpstart from somebody on the street and hook up your lipo in parallel to the car battery for a “lightning” fast charger :smirk:

6 Likes

Lol. Imagine the looks on the people’s faces.

4 Likes