*SCAM ALERT* neoBOX open source Focbox variant (HW 4 and HW6 Design)

I thought only if something was faulty :thinking:

5 Likes

I’ll look for what jeff said. But as far as i know the deal was that testers get the finished product and they send the pre-production unit back to his warehouse in the EU/US.

found it.

there has been made some major changes imo so swapping is reasonable. New cables, case, waterproofing, conformal coating, usb-c.

all of that would be missing for those who tested it. Would be a big no no imo

5 Likes

I asked the same thing but Jeff hung onto the last few words of the statement

Aparently the QC concerns don’t matter, and that it’s only to replace outright defective test units… :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

like, if any changes are needed for funtional units? Or if any changes happen at all?

Curious because I ordered into the production batch because I was not aware all test ESCs were being replaced with production units free of charge… if that’s the case… hmm… maybe @jeffwuneo can clarify here

yep that was my assumption.

Sounds like a deal breaker to me. Why would they pay for a clearly inferior product without the ability to get the finished product. Look at what the testers found QC wise.

@Skatardude10 for me it sounds like that if any changes were made to the vesc it will be swapped. once the production version is ready.

I know they have the 1 year manufacturer warranty but like i said, those are some substantial changes.

4 Likes

Yeah he made it seem like you would not be getting a replacement if your test unit is working properly in his reply to Sn4pz here: neoBOX open source Focbox variant (HW 4 and HW6 Design)

jeffwuneoOur Man in Shenzhen

Sn4Pz

21d

We say we swap if there problem. This splatter is not problem. Is some flux from soldering and not a problem. Is cosmetic.

Is your neoBOX working properly @Sn4Pz?

That’s exactly how I took it, and was pretty much the main reason I even went to beta test it.

I had vesc 6s too, I didn’t need them asap.

It’s whatever though, Jeremy … Woops. I mean Jeff can do whatever he wants. I just won’t be buying anything from him again

2 Likes

Char char char

1 Like

How does @torqueboards handle this situation? Did your v6 testers pay for it? If yes, do they get a finished version once the test unit is back at your HQ? (If like with the neobox major changes are made)

Sorry that sounds a bit like taking advantage of testers without giving any return.

@jeffwuneo please change my mind on that. I want to believe but not like that.

So to summarize it : testers that haven’t even received their unit know that they have to bend their pins, may have solder balls, no conformal coating, no waterproofing, possibly breaking standoffs, too thick thermal pad (or whatever the issue was) and such without a chance to get a perfect unit like standard customers are getting.

edit : i know it’s a “beta”. If somewhere was stated “you keep what you get” that would be a different story

Thanks Sn4pz - my apologies, i wasn’t asking how your unit was working - i was trying to quote Jeff in his communication with you from this thread weeks earlier. I however did read your review and it has me a bit worried, however I don’t really have many alternatives as these are going into my first build and Flipsky scares me more.

1 Like

Bro you’re tripping. None of those are real electrical issues and Jeff has fixed them on the production units. Really? The green stuff? Why is that something that concerns you

To say that you’d never buy anything from him again is just disrespectful and entitled

They aren’t even on the level of Flipsky and people still buy those all the time. With the issues fixed I have no problem putting these in any board

16 Likes

peeps are entitled to feel as they do… however I’m excited to get my NeoBoxes

14 Likes

me as well! Hoping we get that shipping update soon :slightly_smiling_face: (or at least the pictures of the new box to hold us over in the meantime)

2 Likes

Prove it. Show me the units he’s fixed.

…oh wait they havnt been delivered yet, right? :roll_eyes:

Would you not be concerned about solder balls, or random liquids on the PCB?

I didn’t write my review for you, so take it however you want.

I’m dropping the conversation here.

8 Likes

I thought the beta testers got a discount. How much did you pay @Sn4Pz

2 Likes

testers paid whatever the regular customers pay.

80 and 120 afaik

120 per

4 Likes

Man I can’t believe people are still going on about delivery time… After the whole commotion and ip address bs too?

I’m not just trying to pointlessly defend him. What would be the point in taking all this community feedback for this time, making changes, and actually shipping a product if he wasn’t going to implement the changes. You guys expect so much from someone doing this on the side. The amount of communication he’s shown should at least show some element of genuinity.

The issues you mentioned were ones that he said would be addressed and I believe him. There’s no reason not to as of right now

I realize that you might not have written your review for me but you did write it for the community, and for those that are questioning it, it feels like unneeded blustering about

6 Likes