NeoBox Testing Results V6 (serious)

Original neoBOX Focbox Variant Thread

neoBOX open source Focbox variant (HW 6 Design)

wiki to post results of NeoBox 6 community testing. although this product will quickly be GA i believe community testing should be logged in the Dev Category.

NeoBox 4 Topic Here

Reporting Form:
https://forms.gle/qxgoRUBUQw6Ghh8r7

Upon testing completion please cast your votes for neoBox V6:

• Recommend
    • Pass
    • Undecided, see specific concerns in reporting workbook

0 voters

@jeffwuneo

@BillGordon @Skatardude10 @Dred @Bobby @Soflo @itsrow @xsynatic @XBoard @Schulerbible @jack.luis

14 Likes

Final Testing posts linked
@Sn4Pz: Final Comments

@Skatardude10: Final Comments

@wandagoner: Final Comments

@Creavenger Final Comments

@Arzamenable : Final Comments

@Soflo: Final Comments

8 Likes

On first impression these were ok, but they fall apart under scrutiny when looking at the ‘qc’ process that Jeff claims he implemented.

Dirty PCB, Solder Balls, cold / fucked up leads.

I’m scared to know what the power leads under the white silicone stuff look like.

Ive submitted my decision. While they perform fine the effort put into QC and general care put into these seems minimal.

Maybe itll be fixed, but until there are visable improvements (no green spooge, no shitty solder joints, no solder balls, no god damn standoffs, a better case) I cant say I would. I dont even want to keep my beta units because they scare me a little.

4 Likes

I can try to break these things

3 Likes

Karamdibs

4 Likes

5 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Welcome to Derail Jail

It was you! You brought this wrath upon us!

5 Likes

lmao to those who voted “undecided, see specific concerns below” and didn’t post anything

4 Likes

I ordered 2 V6’s and will be running them on 13s so I’ll definitely be posting results.

2 Likes

What board do you plan on putting them in?

I will swap out focboxes in my evolve gen 2 kick tail.

10s mostly, sometimes 12s.

2 Likes

It’s something I’m trying to keep close to the chest until I have a final design. The battery will either be 13s4p or 13s6p.

1 Like

Hi all, please use the below link for submitting detailed issue/error reporting, the form includes options for the V4 and V6 models, I will post this link in the V4 thread as well, if some one could pin this would be super handy.

Reporting Form:
https://forms.gle/qxgoRUBUQw6Ghh8r7

3 Likes

Doesn’t that defeat the purpose of this thread? I think all errors and bugs should be public.

8 Likes

the sheet will be public, for production testing a forum thread is actually not very useful for providing cohesive data and issue tracking.

3 Likes

Will the forum allow for easy public tester inputs and viewing photos?

1 Like

yes indeed

3 Likes

For background I work in prototype hardware logistics, this form was designed around the SOPs we normally deploy for pre production hardware testing, these threads will be good to give the public visibility on the initial testing phases but the forms are designed to provide clear and concise reporting back to Jeff.

11 Likes

Perfect! I just wanted to make sure that it was easily visible and accessible for the public :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes we not hide any even if bad. Is important for be transparent to friend.

18 Likes