Savage1 TKP Trucks

In my humble opinion, jump drives are by far the best gear drives available for their respective ratios. (Challenge me)
That said, their ratio offerings are limited.

4 Likes

:clap: top

1 Like

i have no hope on those screw clamping force is gonna hold for long on those hubs :joy:

not sure what’s the purpose of ur reply, so im gonna say “k”

/derail

3 Likes

What is a jump drive? Pics?

Are they loud?

1 Like

Grab some tissues before you click :sweat_drops:

3 Likes

6 Likes

I imagine it’s really good, because the value is very high

1 Like

That’s a set of trucks and gear drives though. Not just drives.

8 Likes

I think I’d agree with you if not for the fact that you need to use apex flipsky motors to have the circlip setup.

Flipsky’s are less desirable with HV builds because of the noise they make. And loctite 638/648 with helicals is a proven recipe for failure. IMO the most reliable, most intercompatible, and affordable gear drive on the market is boardnamics AT with straight cut gears.

Although, I suppose being a machinist, you wouldn’t have trouble machining a circlip groove into any motor of your choosing :slight_smile:

If apex ever releases a set with straight cuts, I’ll probably pick up a set for a future board. But until then, I’m not gonna trust bonding compound on reacher axles with no circlip.

7 Likes

I’m using maytech 6374. They have a circlip groove as well.

1 Like

Newbee and Boardnamics are good options.

1 Like

Ask these questions somewhere that is not Savages TKP thread. Perhaps the boardnamics m1-at thread.

1 Like

Ok sorry !!!

1 Like

@everybody,

I want to apologize if I posted anything here that isn’t about savage1, it won’t happen again,

3 Likes

No worries bro!

2 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Beginner Question Thread! 2022 Edition

Thanks man , an absurd stability

Hello. Looking to purchase a couple sets of these TKP’s. How do I go about this. New here…

2 Likes

I believe @frame also has a set they’re selling

2 Likes