Savage1 TKP Trucks

Hey brothers and sisters, I’m working on some TKP trucks right now. They are a one piece hanger design, which means the hanger will be machined from a solid block of 64mm square aluminum x the hanger length (currently, 250mm long). I will be sending a few of these to be tested by trusted members of the community in about a month or so. I will be making motor mounts available as well for belt drives, possibly enclosed, ish.
I’d love some feedback now to help make this the best for all of us. Cheers! Phil
Here is quick peak of my model…

56 Likes

Those look beautiful

7 Likes

OwO

5 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

How much axle will be housed inside the hanger?

7 Likes

oh fuck yeah bro

FOLLOWING

6 Likes

20mm. (M8 thread x 1.25 , 10mm long, 10mm diameter of shoulder

4 Likes

Uneducated. But 20mm doesn’t sound like much

6 Likes

Wow, that seems really short… but i’m not well versed in the science.

4 Likes

My brother from another mother :rofl:

4 Likes

@cherryflavouredpez get yo ass in here, tell us about your axle adventures

2 Likes

I would humbly request the hangers be designed to be compatible with surfrodz tkp baseplates, perhaps with a hexagonal profile for existing surfrodz mounts. :pray::pray::pray:

3 Likes

Very nice!

2 Likes

They will be compatible with surfrodz baseplates.
But definitely NOT compatible with the old hex Surfrodz bullshit.
Probably a 22mm square end profile???

14 Likes

Wow these look really cool! I’ve never gotten the chance to ride TKP trucks before, so I’m not sure if I’d be the right person to give you feedback on them, but I would love to try TKP someday.

Maybe @b264 would be willing to try them out

Are you planning to make TKP baseplates with them or are you just going to make them use the Surfrodz ones?

Good idea!

3 Likes

I’m not the biggest fan of the divey steering on TKP. Some folks really dig it though :slight_smile:

Looks super cool!

2 Likes

220mm.hangers tho sounds fun! @Savage1 hmu if you need another tester :grin:

5 Likes

22mm square pattern good.

2 Likes

It is hard to tell from the rendering but it appears the king pin axis is perpendicular to the pivot axis. Is it?
You might want to get a bushing / pivot guy involved before you cut metal.

13 Likes

Hmmmm maybe someone like @RipTideSports would be able to advise you

@Savage1 :zipper_mouth_face: :wink:

7 Likes

I mean, I came here to ask/see what kinda geometry it was going to be exactly also about modular hangers/axles and all that jazz.

From the look of that back edge the pivot could be pointing to the center of the kingpin bushings.

Dang where are my technical references…
'TKP trucks: history and quirks – Changing Angles

7 Likes