I need better trucks...

Wait aren’t those channels ? Doesn’t sounds quite right with “stable at high speed” more about comfort and offroad.

Actualy, @Darkstar826 I asume you are talking about uretane wheels and street riding ?
Are you looking for something more stable at speed or more resistant to jumps, curbs and bad asphalt ?

2 Likes

If the concern is durability and reliability I would not go with flipsky, particularly for a non proven new line of product

Yes I do agree, howver i have mixed opinions. Ive had great success with their motors, trucks, escs, but they are not top notch yeah. Did edit post.

2 Likes

Some of their motors are good and some are trash, the recent ones seems to be better since a year or so.

Electronic isn’t bad per se, it just totally lacks qc like most of low cost chinese business.

For trucks, well it’s a new thing that they make trucks, never seen any except their old copy of maytech’s copy of the matrix 1, and those were “meh” at best.

I’m not against flipsky, they have low prices, even the vx1 was good, you just need to be wary of not top motch quality.
I would not have argued against them on an other post, but here OP’s saying he eats great quality cnc trucks for breakfast, so it’s an extreme.

1 Like

Yes, honestly bummed the rkp trucks have a max load of 120kg. And lol their channel trucks are certainly meh. I should not have suggested them howver if the load was higher I believe they could be a game changer for me.

2 Likes

The @Savage1 tkps are easily my favourite.

The Hoyt St ROSAs are also very nice, especially if you like it wide.

10 Likes

Nah, they’re stable at high speeds. That one guy always going crazy speeds uses slightly modded ones. Wouldn’t call them off-road trucks.

Street board and 8mm axles.

2 Likes

My board is more for street. I use urethane wheels. I want my trucks to be more durable as heck.

Id really look for 10mm if you want them to last.
+1 for savage tkps

7 Likes
  1. Hoyt St UAV Trucks axles is made of Hardened stainless steel.
  2. Boardnamics axles is made of 12.9g Alloy steel.
    I read alloy steel is stronger.

For example:
alloy steels have a higher tensile strength than stainless steel. While the tensile strength of stainless steel ranges from 515-827 MPa, that of alloy steels range from 758-1882 MPa.”

I’m trying to understand MPa. What is that? Anyone?

1 Like

Megapascal, a unit of tensile strength or stiffness.

I guess the higher is better?

1 Like

Just to make sure I understand correctly, do you mean you’ve only had the axle bend on you? Or has the hanger itself started to get warped too?

Asking because I’m a insane person who prefers messed up hangers but I don’t weigh enough or ride in a way that would ever cause damage to my hangers. I can’t help you find better trucks since at less than half your weight I never really need to worry about weight ratings. However I could potentially help you dispose of hangers you messed up :wink:

Even some generic Chinese trucks can hold up and still work after being run over by a mid sized American car our cars are all larger over here so around 3000 pounds or 1360 kg based on the first Google result for average weight

1 Like

Not if the cast aluminum baseplate cracks

I’ve had the pleasure of riding pretty much every type of truck on the market. Here’s my brief rundown on what i’d rec here.

If you need extra wheelbase or are upgrading a TKP/RKP build, get Savage1 TKPs. Phil has some stuff going on in his personal life and isnt making them rn AFAIK, but you may be able to snag some second hand. (I think @EDness may have a barely ued set for sale if you’re in the US)
They’re very stable, pretty wide and durable.

If you want RKPs, you can try BN270 with 10mm axles on a budget, but I find the Hoyt st ROSA trucks to be fucking amazing. They take the amazing ride feel of trucks like caliber 3s with the added stability of precision trucks. They are gahdam amazing. The BN trucks are also good, just not as amazing IMO.
If you’re gonna use the BN hangers make sure to get kingpins that are solid. The BN baseplates are solid,

If you have a deck with angled tips, hypertrucks are probably your best bet. They’re very stable if you set them up right (low angle in the back + the correct bushing setup)

6 Likes

This is especially true for aluminum, where there isnt a minimum fatigue stress limit - even with extremely low stresses, over time with enough cycles it WILL deform and fail, unlike steel, which has a stress under which it will never fail from fatigue.

3 Likes

Don’t think anyone has mentioned Luna 350s, but I love mine with the Boardnamics adj. baseplates. Super wide, 10 or 12mm axles available, and same profile as Apex Airs so you have plenty of compatible parts.

2 Likes

They are stainless, which I just learned haha

17-4 h900 to be exact

Yield strength of 17-4 h900 is 180ksi/1200 mPa.

Most people think of 300 series when they think stainless. Which would indeed be a lot weaker.

5 Likes

May you can learn about the NEW FKP Truck, with all CNC 7075 material.

In fact, almost all trucks can carry 280 pounds. It’s just that when we choose the bridge, we should pay more attention to its normal service life, flexibility and production technology. The CNC technology can strengthen the stability of the bridge, and it is not easy to break. but you need to see if the size matches.