Remotes Supporting Multiple Receivers (SERIOUS)

Let’s talk about which remotes offer this functionality, and NOT about Barbie holes.

7 Likes

I know the Mini does

I’ve heard GT2B does, but have not personally tried it.

4 Likes

I am also interested in this, I don’t like the mini though, I cant stand trigger remoted.

2 Likes

So print or have printed a thumb wheel case for the mini innards.

2 Likes

Didnt see any floating around, but certainly a good option

Location? Update profile please

1 Like

@dani made a “Fish Hook” remote. I have one myself and love it. Fits well in the hand. And the components he used (extra parts besides mini) have been reliable so far.

There’s a few more but i didnt care too much for the look or feel of them. Search Thingiverse for “mini remote mod”

3 Likes

Updated profile. No 3d printer… yet. I will look a bit later, thanks.

Surprisingly i like the flipsky.

3 Likes

Alien power systems remote does not work with dual receivers. Any one tried enertion’s nano x ?

1 Like

I run the gt2b on my quad with dual receiver. According to specs you could pair up to 5 receiver, but never took it so far :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

I think I remember the Hoyt could do multiple receiver as well, but not sure 100%.
I think @DerelictRobot or @Sender or @mmaner could answer that for sure.

2 Likes

The Hoyt Puck is incredibly easy to pair, so having a single remote with multiple receivers is definitely doable.

7 Likes

Don’t think the nano-x will work since that remote will bind to whichever board is switched on first or to be more exact receiver that’s on first.

2 Likes

Apparently it is possible to bind a nano x remote to a receiver without it going into auto binding after each time you switch it off and on again.

Just like the mini rc remote you need to short 2 pins on the bind channel (what do you know it does have a purpose) then switch on the remote while holding down the bind button on the side I believe.

@deckoz recently explained this here:

I was quite surprised reading this since none of the enertion instructions that came with the remote mention this.

4 Likes

Because…enertion…

1 Like

Its actually called a bind plug. Hobby shops sell them. Basically a servo plug with said pins looped. Enertion should sell the remote /receiver with it as part of the package but that is testament to how little they actually know about rc communication. Every remote you buy for other RC applications come with a bind plug even if the system is auto bind. Its a way to bypass the auto function should you have issues with pairing.

I just listed some free bind plugs if you need one

Fark multiple receivers, I just want one that’s immune to this.

3 Likes

Use a wired nunchuck remote and a wiiceiver

1 Like