High-performance remote batch- Get in on the gravy

Hey guys!
I’m doing a small batch of my bamboo remotes with military grade thumb-wheels and telemetry. You can learn all about them and transfer your hard-earned money into my coffers at https://3sk8esk8.com/custom-race-remotes/ I’ll be shipping late August to mid-September.

Thank you ahead of time if you purchase for supporting a small business. Hopefully, I’ll be making more of these soon. I just got my hands on a CNC router to do my job while I ride. Once it’s up and running production will go up and the price will go down. The remotes have been a hit. I want to get them into the hands of more riders while continuing to improve upon them. Thanks again! Happy riding :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Will you be selling these as ‘kits’ with just the electronics? These sound amazing but I think some of us would rather save money on CNC works and bamboo by printing ourselves

3 Likes

I hear these have the same internals as the feather/ Firefly is there truth to that?:face_with_monocle:

1 Like

And OSSR I think…

Pretty sure OSSR is not the same as a feather remote inside… @DerelictRobot??

2 Likes

Haha godamn I hope not​:crossed_fingers::rofl:

OSRR uses entirely different internals than the Feather Remote project.

5 Likes

@Bobby I meant the trigger… I think I worded it really really wrong :joy:

The throttle comes from different manufacturers as well.

This remote looks fantastic! I dig the thumbwheel style on it and the bamboo looks great.

3 Likes

Oh :man_facepalming: I’m not the brightest :joy:

1 Like

@Ricco. What do ya think about this one? Would this work with the ttl?

1 Like

Possibly.

@tomiboi, do these have the option to use the button as a momentary output on the reciever? If not, are these reprogrammable using the Arduino IDE like other feather remotes?

@Ace, that feature is the only thing that would stand in the way of using it with the TTL system. Since it uses UART you would also need a dual ESC that has 2 comm ports or a uSplit, but seeing as you will have both, you would be all set :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

:confused: absolutely love the look and function. Really bummed about the price. It’s perfect for my bamboo deck build.

@tomiboi if it ever gets under $200 I’ll be first in line.

1 Like

No love for lefties? :sob: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

EDIT : ↑ Stupidity ↑

did you even look at the link :man_facepalming:

Ahem…Yesss of course!

Shit

2 Likes

@ZachTetra
I did a simple module for theses under a “A Race remote project”. The parts list is there. It’s not too hard to put together.

1 Like

@Kellag Yes, these have the same internals as the Feather Remote, just a better build and thumbwheel. I’ve heard some people complain about the Feather Smart remote project, but I haven’t had the same problems.

1 Like

@Agressivstreetlamp My goal is to get these things under $200 someday, but at the moment it costs $175 in parts to make one remote. Then there are hours on handy-work and a shop full of tools involved. So it’s going to take a while to get the price down. In the meantime, I’m happy to help you make your own.

1 Like

Thanks! I may just be doing that.
I totally understand that the work you put in is worth what you’re asking.
A hand crafted item like that is worth it.