Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Thank you for taking your time to write that detailed answer. I’ll calculate the area and see what will fit best! If I can get it working itll save me a hell of a lot of money :slight_smile:

1 Like

If the connector was too big to fit after tinning I just took a Dremel sanding bit to the wire real quick to shave down the size. Worked really well.

2 Likes

Yeah that sounds all too logical to me :sweat_smile: I’ve had some fun trying to reshape a soldered blob with a pair of pliers

2 Likes

copper wire is like the worst part of soldering.

Depending on how many you need, I may have enough to give you them.

3 Likes

Surfrodz let’s you choose Canada in shipping so I would assume they’ll ship there.

just saw that, whoops

Thanks! These would be good for between bearings but I would need some ~24mm spacers for the axles. I’m using the BN270 hangers with extended axles and evolve 6" wheels. Printed out some 24mm spacers and they fit perfectly at the moment.

1 Like

Red and black are for axle spacer. They also make a aluminum color one for the bearing spacer.

If all you’re trying to do is take up axle length, the the red and black ones will work.

Two blacks and one red will be 25mm

What are you using for a between-bearing spacer for inside the wheel? I have a bunch of 8mm but I can’t find any for 10mm.

Aluminumspacers.com has all sorts of stuff.

2 Likes

there’s my issue, I’m only looking at skate shops haha. bam specialized spacers right there for me.

I have been using 3d printed spacers for my mtb (since the ones from trampa didn’t fit). Been a year or so. No problem whatsoever, one side (bearing side) has deformed a little but nothing to worry about.

1 Like

I also just printed out a 10mm spacer, in total I printed 2x 23mm spacers for the front wheels and 4x 10mm spacers for between bearings. All 10.5mm ID for a decently snug fit on the axles.

Still surprising not seeing a 10mm ID 14mm OD spacer, everything is 16mm OD. Looked on McMaster as well and they only had 16mm OD as well. Probably doesn’t matter too much but I just wanted that size.

u r asking in the wrong thread

4 Likes

Hi, got some questions regarding motors and their kv.
I want to buy gear drives (and probably new motors) running 12S and 175/200mm tires.

The options are:

• 140kv with 1:3.95 gear ratio (45.5km/h - 52.0km/h)
  • 170kv with 1:4.60 gear ratio (47.4km/h - 54.2km/h)
  • 190kv with 1:5.20 gear ratio (46.9km/h - 53.6km/h)

What is better and why?

Cheers

2 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Noob question thread! 2020_Summer:

Hello
Wondering if anyone knows what could this be?
Already check everything but the clicking noise only happens when accelerating with load. Everything looks ok.

Okay, so the way I understood things the high KV high gear ratio motor would be the most efficient, provided your ESC can take the erpm.

but it you scroll up a bit you’ll see that I am a total noob, so take with a grain (or bucket) of salt

1 Like

Under most circumstances, the difference between these will probably be small enough to be unnoticeable - at most a 2.2km/h difference isn’t even 5%.

Generally with the types of motors we use, and the speeds we drive them to, and the battery voltages we run, the 190KV motors are a bit more efficient and thus can deliver a bit more power, and the higher gearing helps with smooth startups under load and on hills and such.

That said, a 190KV motor at 12s results in a maximum ERPM above the maximum safe limit for v4.x vesc or vesc-derivative hardware, so you should stick with v6.x hardware.

2 Likes