Bushing and Truck Setup Help Offered

Taller bushing give you more lean, a more progressive resistance.

Lean is more defined by the hanger clearance for the king pin. Once the king pin connects with the hanger, lean is over.

1 Like

hey brad! just ordered a few lil things from ya, wanted to mention, youve got a dead link on your site to the gbomb torsion tail. iirc it was on the page for the chubbys, or maybe the cubes.

1 Like

Start with the lowest budget you can and get safety gear. This spot is for tuning trucks so depending on the use case you need to figure that out.

2 Likes

Hey Maria, you have askes a really broad question that is nearly impossible to answer. Are you looking for an electric or analog skateboard?

1 Like

Hey Brad, I was wondering if I could get some recommendations on bushing type and durometer to upgrade to.

I currently have a Backfire Zealot with the stock bushings. They have a Caliber II 50 on the front and a Caliber II clone in the back.

I weigh about 200-215 lbs and am looking for a setup that’ll be stable at 40km/h but can still carve at lower speeds if possible.

I was considering running Chubby board side and Barrel roadside but wasn’t sure about the durometer or if there’d be other bushing types I should consider.

Thanks for the help!

3 Likes

50 or 44 degree baseplates and any deck features that effect the base plate angles?

1 Like

Both 50° and nothing that affects baseplate angles, but the deck is on the flexier side, not sure if that’ll affect things though.

OK 50 degree trucks turn a lot without much lean so I would suggest going with a plush setup that uses larger than standard bushings close to the same duro as stock. For you I would suggest a Barrel / FatCone front and a Barrel Chubby rear in KranK 90a. We can do a mixed pair of a Chubby and a FatCone if you don’t want to order 3 pair of bushings to make the configuration suggested. I also suggest replacing the stock pivot cups with our Caliber II 96a pivots

3 Likes

Sounds good, I was planning on getting the pivot cups anyways.

How would I go about asking for a mixed pair when I order from the site?

Also would the fatcone be roadside or boardside?

FatCones are normally used boardside and just leave us a note below the shipping options that you are ordering a pair of FatCones but you would like a mixed pair of a FatCone / Chubby shipped.

@RipTideSports I’m getting ready to order bushing, do you have any recommendations for this config?

OK, you have Trucks: BN184 that are adjustable, what angles will you be setting them up at?

2 Likes

Honestly I have no idea. I’ve never had adjustable baseplates before and don’t have much experience outside of channel trucks.

OK, what range of adjustment do you have to work with an what are you building the board to do?

1 Like

You get to pick from 0/15/30/40/50/60 degrees and they ride a bit tall

1 Like

Type of riding?

1 Like

Looks like rough sidewalks around 20 mph, and he’s not a heavy kid

1 Like

Weight is important so please provide