New version 84V/200A VESC motherboard, using INA241! testing!Provide schematic diagram

Yes, as the title indicates, I’m a Makerbase employee and I’m testing a new VESC board, and the test has been basically completed. In this post, I will only share my process of designing the motherboard, without attaching other links (Schematic has been provided).
I named this motherboard 84200HP (because the design was based on Benjamin’s 75300, I originally planned to name it 75200, so there was a silk screen of 75200 on the PCB, but obviously 84200HP is more suitable for it). The following are the current parameters of the motherboard:

1. Use INA241A2 high-precision sampling chip;
  2. Use 12 MOSEETs (100V/380A);
  3. Use an aluminum-based PCB board with 5oz copper thickness and 6 4*2 copper strips;
  4. Use 6AWG wire;
  5. Use aluminum alloy shell (under design);

Motherboard functions:

1. Built-in Bluetooth module (test completed);
  2. With AUX interface (Circuit design error, D and S pins of MOSFETS are incorrect.);
  3. With DC-DC controllable switch-Shutdown (test completed);
  4. Equipped with BMI160 attitude sensor (test completed, but the first batch was not equipped on board.);
  5. Phase filter, current filter.

The motherboard has gone through many modifications during the design process. Below I share some photos of my motherboard (happy! This is my favorite part):
First version:

Second version:

Third version:

The fourth version (I haven’t gotten the board yet):
I’m ready to test the BMI160 attitude sensor!

Who knows what I’ve been through:

And the shell:

Tell me, what else do you want to know?

MKSESC 84200HP_001 Schematic.pdf (954.6 KB)

MKSESC 84200HP_002 Schematic.pdf (253.7 KB)

2 Likes

Those power wires are crazy. Are you going to offer it with pre crimped lugs on it?

2 Likes

Repost? Why?

Well, the other one wasn’t vendor corner

1 Like

Sorry for posting duplicate content, here’s why. The supplier’s theme was actually released first, about 20 days ago, and the difference from the non-supplier theme is about 10 days. I originally thought that the theme did not meet the supplier’s standards, so it was not approved, so 10 days later I published a non-supplier theme. I’m sorry if this has caused any inconvenience to you.

1 Like

MKSESC 84200HP_001 Schematic.pdf (954.6 KB)

3 Likes

just slow admins doing slow admin things

2 Likes

Hey @Lucky, any idea when these will be available? I Cant seem to find them anywhere.

Also, do you know if makerbase (or even you personally, if you have access to them) would be willing to sell just the logic boards (the top pcb) for the 75200 V2? I just picked one up and it appears to have the exact same power stage as the V1 75200. I would like to upgrade my V1’s if possible. I would be looking for at least 2, if the price is reasonable i might be interested in 4 or 5 so i can upgrade all of them. I can machine the covers to fit, so i would just need the pcb’s

Thank you.

2 Likes

I’m glad you’re interested in our product. Unfortunately, there are currently no extra MCU control boards available as they are produced in matching quantities. I can apply to the company for the next batch of production (based on current inventory, it is expected to be produced again in April May) to increase the quantity of MCU control boards for upgrading to old versions.

Meanwhile, I suggest that users who need to upgrade should inquire and apply through AliExpress customer service. Because as the quantity and number of people increase, customer service will also respond to customer needs to the company more quickly.

No worries. Any Updates on when the 84200hp will be available?

Hey Lucky, do you know if the 84200HP on AliExpress comes with the low voltage cables (for ADC, switches, etc.), or do we need to make our own?

Looks like the aux mosfets is backwards? Body diodes pointing the wrong way. Was this corrected already?

Also you have really large decoupling caps, and no high frequency decoupling on your switching regulators.

What is the functionality of the shutdown circuit? Why connected to PC?

Z

I just purcahsed 2 of these. Waiting for delivery, what should i expect in terms of firmware availability. And what not to do to not blos them up will be used in a gokart

@balto @Zachleedogg
I’m sorry, I didn’t find any issues with the D-S pin in the AUX circuit. I really hope to receive your reply when the post is published, because we were still testing at that time and have already produced 100 sets.
I have proposed two optional customer solutions to Makerbase:

1. Refund 15%;
  2. Enjoy a 10% discount on returns, refunds, and next purchase (after repairing the circuit).
    Shotdown is a switch control method used by Mr. Benjamin on the VESC6 MK5 version. We have already filmed a teaching video on how to use it, and I will attach the link after uploading later.

****The next motherboard circuit update will involve the following content:

1. Optimize 3.3V circuit, design dual LDO, distinguish between AVCC and VDDA;
  2. Connect to onboard BMI 160;
  3. AUX circuit D-S pin issue;
  4. Filter HF using ferrite magnetic beads for operational amplifier power supply;
  5. CANH, L increases ESD diode.
    6.Adding ceramic capacitors on the high side of MOSFETs (due to limitations of aluminum substrates, specific implementation is difficult).
  6. Lead out the RST pin test points of the MCU.

I’m sorry to disappoint your expectations. If you need an AUX circuit, you may encounter difficulties.

1 Like

There is a wire with GH1.25 adapter and PH2Hello, there is a wire that comes with GH1.25 to PH2.0 adapter, but it is not equipped with a switch. We have made a video about the wiring of switches, which is very interesting…0, but it is not equipped with a switch.

We have uploaded a tutorial on using the Shutdown function:

Hey thankyou for the reply. I dont belive ill be using aux circuits. Ill only be connecting them to 2 analog throttle one for acceleration one for braking using ADC. and using can bus to talk with the vesc. Should k experience any issues with this ? So in short ill only be using ADC and can bus

1 Like

Hi Lucky,

A couple more thoughts on the design.

1. Consider adding some 1n or 10n caps to input and output of the buck regulators.
  2. Consider adding series resistor on the buck regulator BST pins (maybe 3ohms to start)
  3. The gate drive connections should all have GND on them, and each Gate-Source pair should be routed tightly together. So for each high-side, GHx and Px should route together. and GLx and GND should route together. Maybe bring back VA on a different connector. You can save some pins by only sending 3.3V to the temp sensors on 1 pin instead of 3.
  4. Each power mosfet should have its own series gate resistor.
  5. To reduce general noise that may affect Bluetooth, considering adding 10-100 ohm series resistors on any digital signals between the micro and IC.
1 Like