New version 84V/200A VESC motherboard, using INA241! testing!Provide schematic diagram

I find it a little worrying after ordering mine March 8th I will receive one without these improvements/fixes

Interesting to read, but drive fets have no part number, I guess 100v rated?

Its finally arrived!

I’m happy with what I’m seeing but the lack of mounting ears to bolt it down are annoying.

Why is r56 not fitted?

I was intrigued to see what MOSFETs are used but can’t get a good camera angle.

Can’t wait to connect to a wheel and see it working…

Recomend staying away from these. One of them blew a capacitor 1st day of testing 2 of them connected in parallel same battery same power supply talking through can bus. 2nd one 3rd week blew the eg3112 with the mosfets

Here is onenof the blown mosfet i was only tunning 40 amps through these

Oh what with the other pcb issues above its not looking good, we only have a ‘small sample size’ to base an opinion on and this is only a ‘revision A’ scenario for this controller so I’m keeping the faith a little longer.

What voltage where you running?

any idea of the part number of that mosfet

1 Like

I was running 15s battery my maximun current was set to 100a was running 47 phase amps. I ordered the gate driver and new mosfets to see if its repairable. The logic still works can still talk to it though bluetooth.

Here is tthe mosfet p/n. I was accelerating when this happened. It blew a 600 amp fuse it surprised me

2 Likes

oh yes when mosfets short huge current flows, i’m running 80a fuses for testing and my bms is set to 80 too. i’ll order some spares…

new problem…

finally off the bench and on the street, pulled away slowly all good, decided to try a little faster, and yes a little faster…a very little…

vesc app shows 70-90 amps, watts shows 5-600, battery is about 75v…even the math doesnt work… its like 10x reality on amps, but the watts is true.

Bms app shows about 7a, and 500w which I trust to be right, performance doesnt even match acceleration to the 350w folding bike I have but I guess this is 3-4x as heavy.

20s/84v pack, mxus 3k turbo

on the mxus 3k turbo you can do a lot more. I push mine to 10kw 220A motor amps.

1 Like

Vesc app show motor current, not battery current. Also, an mxus 3k will be a dog at that low amperage. 200-300a is where they shine

I’m sorry for not replying to your questions for so long, because as I said above, I need to perfect the circuit of the 84200HP and I have been busy with this work.
When I come back this time, I will reply to your questions and upload new schematics.

MKSESC 84200HP_002 Schematic.pdf (253.7 KB)

The model number of the field effect transistor is HYG015N10NS1TA. I have attached the specification sheet, please check it:
2203031730_HUAYI-HYG015N10NS1TA_C2979263.pdf (453.4 KB)

Hello, if the phase current is only 47A, the 84200HP can easily control it. The field effect transistor is the model HYG015N10NS1TA you have, 100V/380A.

I see signs of burnout in the gate driver? Is this a humid environment? If the environment is too humid, additional waterproofing treatment is required. The 84200HP does not have waterproofing treatment.

There is another issue that needs attention, which is very important, because it is the most common problem so far: please be sure to correctly configure the braking current and battery reverse current. These two parameters need to be determined according to the battery energy recovery performance. If If the configuration is too large and the current cannot be absorbed by the battery, it will easily break down the field effect transistor. If you use a switching power supply, it cannot handle the reverse current. Please be sure to configure the reverse current to 0.

1 Like

oh my god, why didn’t i know these existed until now

well, atleast Makerbase sold me the original 75200s and now these Beasts

like dang mate, true phase sensing and real current amps

good job, ordered 2 now Lol

need these in my life, also cheap as hell, flopsky can put the 75200 pro v2’s where the sun doesn’t shine, might have “phase filters” but no real current sensing

too bad people know about the 75200 series and won’t find these controllers, should put 75200 better alternative in selling title

edit: question, for how much volts is the power SW pin rated or connect to which?

edit2: checked the schematic, it’s a pin for the STM so 3.3V, does it need to be pulled to gnd (internal pullup) or do i need to apply 3.3V?

So apart from my question how i could use or implement on/off switch

i would like to make a suggestion to maybe add a T section of copper bus going between the fets, down to the shunts and under the shunts a flat | section of bus bar before it goes into the phase wires for improved/reinforced current path

also since i ordered yesterday already i will get 2 broken esc from Aliexpress Makerbase official store? or will i get fixed ones?

“Hello, my ESC burned 2 MOSFETs out of nowhere. How can I easily remove them from the board? I can’t do it with hot air.”

phase amps, your motor current is too low for high torque, the current shown in Vesc tool is motor amps

you can even see that using duty cycle

duty cycle x phase amps = battery amps

“Hello, I didn’t quite understand the problem due to Google translation. I’m Portuguese from Portugal. I connected the VESC directly to the battery without overvoltage protection, could that be what caused it to burn?”

How can I desolder an SMD MOSFET?