My Corona I choochoo |13s3p I moondrives I 100D SC |

Flip the nuts, nylon inwards?

I’m going 13s3p HG6 with a little visit with a trim router. Click the link. My madness manifested in battery layout diagrams, spreadsheets, etc.

also fitment

4 Likes

Looks like an interesting cell. Should give you a bit more punch than 30q and at 13s it should do the trick… but small p groups scare me… sag fear is a real thing.

I’ve gone 13s3p 30q for my neo build, hopefully it will give the neohubs enough juice.

5 Likes

Insane! A well thought skateboard tank :grin: that exactly the “soul” @deucesdown pictured with the original representation of the ChooChoo deck.

4 Likes

Nice dude, this has been updated since I last looked, appreciate your work! Man 30T cells would be amazing but that’s way above my skill level. That 13s3p layout with HG6’s looks like a nice compromise. Thanks again for sharing the info!

2 Likes

I was going to do the same! :laughing: Just need to wait 10 more days for my mandatory self isolation to be over so I can access my tools.

What’s your goal with this build? To me it looks like a board meant for snowy weather with those wheels. If it’s just for the street, maybe you don’t need that much torque; they are dual 6374s after all.

1 Like

Man this is nice, answer to the MBS 5star Vs eToxx situation is here

and here

Soundtrack here

Now go shave yer nuts

7 Likes

You had to do that on both trucks? MBS needs to sort that out. The bearing distances for rockstars and 5stars are very similar

1 Like

Omfl. Love it :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
Baby monster truck looks awesome :clap:

3 Likes

No only the truck with the drives on.not MBS’s fault. The 5star hubs are wider than superstars, add the etoxx drive and even with extenders it overwhelms the amount of axle protruding etc = reason

2 Likes

Ah in this case the hub sits on the start of the axle. The axle is simply too short lol

4 Likes

don’t fucking chicken and egg me pal

5 Likes

How much?

1 Like

ding ding ding! That’s exactly right! The snow all just melted here though, so it’ll still be fun for some offroading. I will probs swap out the 9" for 8" tires when there’s no snow.

$20/day for the next year. Exactly the amount of money I’m missing out on due to this lame ass virus :rofl: :kissing: :kissing:

2 Likes

I really hate to bust your balls bro, but I don’t reckon that thing will even move in the slightest bit of grass or uphill.

Serious man, your torque situation is gonna be dire on this setup.

1 Like

It’ll be fiiiiiine

1 Like

Maybe you could just buy the eToxx axle extenders and matching bearings to retro fit on moondrives…maybe

1 Like

If it’s totally fucked I can always change the windings on the motors to get 170KV and switch to 8" tires. I’d imagine that’ll give me alot of torque

2 Likes

Yes that would help a lot. Looking forward to the rest of the build. It looks sick dude.

1 Like

@glyphiks

9 Likes

its fiiiine

long live gear drives

1 Like