Wheel comparison thread!

After how many miles?

I really don’t know.
Almost daily for 5 ish mounts.
On fine asphalt.

1 Like

Lots of people use Caguamas, I find the blues to be most comforting where as the purples may be a bit too hard for some. If you’re looking for a smooth soft ride then go with the blues

1 Like

For what reason should people by small soft wheels instead of larger soft wheels? I get the point of small hard wheels, but I can’t imagine a reason for small soft wheels except for style or wheel bite on small decks/narrow trucks.

You just named all the reasons + they are lighter. Also, sometimes you can’t find the right pulley for your gear ratio, so smaller wheels are a way to get more acceleration.

5 Likes

Hey, it’s the least I can do. Without you, I would have never had the balls or calculations to shave my nuts so short, so I could fit 5 stars on my E-Toxx gear drives. :blush: :metal:t3:

5 Likes

I read that build thread by @magharees recently and it looked like a painful experience

PTSD I still shudder, good man @Mobutusan

2 Likes

ABEC 107s black feels better on nice smooth road than foamies. Although the foamies are not broken in so time will tell I guess.

I’m very glad I had AWD burnouts to clean all my wheels of dog/deer shit

2 Likes

Is there a clear difference between the TB110 78A Black and 74A Blue? :shushing_face: :thinking:
I’m currently riding the 78A, but I would like to hear the opinions of those who rode both.

2 Likes

But I would consider waiting for the 72A TB110s. I think they are even better and you will without a doubt be able to tell the difference.

5 Likes

Thank you for your advice!!! :raised_hands:
Apparently, I need to save up money for new wheels…

2 Likes

When’s the release date on the 72a?

1 Like

That I’m not sure. Especially given the state of everything right now I’m sure things are pretty iffy. Best bet would ask @torqueboards ???

2 Likes

@jxslepton - No ETA yet unfortunately. Won’t know until this outbreak is passed us.

3 Likes

Looking for someones thoughts on.
New Boas vs Abec 107 vs TB 110 74s.

I’m pondering getting the Boas.

These would be to replace the cloud wheels that just broke on me a few days back.
They were probably my favorite wheels at the moment and l already miss them.
But I am not so sure I’m going to want to ride them again.

Here is the deck they were on.

I love the TB 110s but I have them on a very similar set up.

I have abec 107s but after the TB 110s they live in a shelf.

The Cloud Wheels were really good and different enough from the TB 110s to keep both these boards interesting…

I guess my question is are the Boas really good and different enough to make for an exciting experience…

I put the six-shooters on the board for the time being. But I did not enjoy my ride today as much as I was enjoying the cloud wheels…

2 Likes

How can cloud wheels ride better than 6" pneumatics?

1 Like

We get some to trying and I give to my friend to riding. He really liking this wheel. Also @longhairedboy also liking this wheel.

3 Likes

For me it was the lower rolling resistance and much better range I got with the clouds.
And they were still super grippy and able to roll over most everything…

1 Like

What pressure do you run? I’ve had mine at 60 PSI and I’ve been getting decently low resistance on them

2 Likes