Metr Pro Updates

So, i updated metr firmware, problem is still there.
had a few trips where the problem didn’t surface, previously it seemed to happen every time.

• metr fw5.23
  • metr app 4.6.14
  • ios 13.6.1

In this incident, it also failed to keep the record, even though you can see in the video it was recording.

metr is not receiving realtime data.

• mph not changing when rolling board.
  • temperature not updating.
  • green icon says we are connected.

toggle modes, shows connectivity works, come back and realtime screen is updating.

record is being recorded. but this record ends up being lost. it’s not in the list of records.

see same thing happen 2 minutes later: https://youtu.be/4_AIEtuO67E

EDIT: logs sent to support@metr.at

4 Likes

For Unity 23.46 2wd 120A is correct . For 5.x 60A
On 5.x its simulates a second canbus connected vesc thats why.

1 Like

Thank you for sending the log file. I see in the logs that UART communication is not stable. I suspect it might have to do with physical connection. I recommend additionally securing your Metr Pro UNITY with double sided tape and it might be a good idea to put a drop of silicone glue on the connector after you plug it into FOCBOX UNITY. It might be tricky, but very important that you do it.

Recently we discovered a few cases where Metr Pro UNITY even popped out of the connector completely because of strong vibrations. FOCBOX UNITY silicone cover did not prevent it from happening.

6 Likes

Has anyone had this before when trying to upload a log?

Now I only get this

I had that ones (second screenshot)
Worked on the next day :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Occasionally you need to be connected to you board while uploading. I need to write a better error message :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ah ok, no problems! I will try that and report back.

Yes in that case perhaps the message can be a little clearer, minor stuff on a very polished experiance.

Edit - @rpasichnyk that did work, awesome - thank you.

3 Likes

Thank you that sounds like a totally reasonable hypothesis. will fixer that up and get back to you.

1 Like

:see_no_evil::poop:

4 Likes

@rpasichnyk is shipping to Brazil possible at the moment?

1 Like

Yes it is possible again. Same for Australia and New Zealand.
But I guess it will take a bit longer at the moment because of COVID-19.

3 Likes

Is CAN passthrough supported or is the other port only for the gps module?

7 Likes

Looks awesome

A few questions, can it record data in higher sample rate than the 300 ms of MetrPro? And any estimates of how long a card can record? I guess pretty long even for a small card

1 Like

CAN is available on both of the front JST GH connectors. So you can plug it between two VESCs, one powering the Metr Pro CAN and the other ESC only gets CAN forwarded.
There is an extra JST SH for the GPS.

4 Likes

Actually Metr Pro has 10Hz sample rate (100ms). Same for Metr Pro CAN. Yes, you will never run out of space. We also include SD card in the package.

4 Likes

I’m already sold :cowboy_hat_face:, but now since you don’t rely on the phones memory, can a single record be like 8 hours long without running into into limitations?

1 Like

@rpasichnyk

Something wrong again with WEAR OS watch support?

It didn’t work well (once again). Then I try to factory reset the watch and now it seems that the Metr Pro app doesn’t want to install on the watch (Sony SmartWatch 3 SWR50).

It is possible. I do not regularly test Wear OS. I will try to find some time to look at it.

2 Likes

I’m getting Timeouts while trying to update metr pro from 5.22 to 5.25.

4.12 hw on 5.1fw

Tried mobile data and wifi

log_2020-12-01.txt (616 KB)

1 Like