Metr Pro Updates

Eskating.eu and bioboards sell metr pro and ship to Australia and NZ. I managed to fix both of my metr so I will hold out till the Metr Can comes out.

4 Likes

Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately both are on backorder :sweat:

1 Like

Make records be openable through Metr->Account (https://metr.at/account) once more, pls? It used to have a square metr icon to click and get the link.

@rpasichnyk

2 Likes

Sorry, it wasnā€™t meant to be like that, just a bug. It is fixed now, thanks for letting me know!

4 Likes

Question regarding the upcoming LLT smart bms support, how will metr communicate with LLT bms? Via Bluetooth?

1 Like

It actually already does support it. Works decently well, sometimes the LLT BMS just doesnā€™t connect but usually restarting the app forces it to auto reconnect (I blame the bms, not Metr)

Itā€™s more consistent than the LLT app itself haha you can just tap on the battery in Metr and it shows all the cells after you pair the bms in one of the settings tabs

7 Likes

I agree. I love the Metr implementation of the LLT BMS, great job guys

8 Likes

oh wow! i am behind times! will need to try this when i get home

1 Like

CAN version release date? At least something? Week, month, year?

Thanks in advance

2 Likes

Tryed to update again and recorded with my other phone, and i stil canā€™t get the gps tracking :confused:
Todayā€™s record : https://metr.at/r/ZRXEI

Wow this is great!

1 Like

Hey @rpasichnyk, can we by chance get an option to ignore/hide under voltage errors in the settings, and maybe even if that option is checked, do not take those voltage readings into account during our ride?

I know auto pause is good for something similar to this, but for myself having had either remotes mess up, ESCs go wonkers, or just an accidental tap of the throttle send my board flying.

Instead of just keeping my board or remote on and auto pausing, I always turn both off if I am stopping and unstrapping to go into a store or anything, juuuust in caseā€¦ Since I feel like my boards are loaded guns with wobbly triggers.

Regardless of how I feel, doing this logs the last lowest voltage / error code for that entire duration, skewing my stats. My logs are all errorsā€¦ Itā€™s also a pain to sift through to find the ones with legitimately serious errors, when every log has anywhere from 1-5 errors showing on the menuā€¦ (Did I stop twice that day, or was that the day something weird happened?)

1 Like

I have been having a bad time with metr for a while now.
I think it comes down to itā€™s no longer reconnecting like it used to after a disconnect.

I captured this video of it thinking itā€™s connected but not actually receiving data. however itā€™s able to change modes and then itā€™s able to receive data.

in this ride you can see it eventually stops receiving data, or disconnects.
but the green connected indicator was lit and I did the modes trick illustrated in the video and data started flowing again at the end of the record.

iphone 7
IOS 13.6.1
metr app 4.6.11
metr pro unity

I have the problem more on two boards with metr pro unity because they disconnect more regularly. I think iā€™ve also had the problem on my board with regular metr pro pcb antenna.

previously though metr would soldier through disconnects and reconnects. but now it just seems to get stuck ?

3 Likes

Please try latest Metr Pro firmware v5.23. If the issue persists, we will investigate further

ah, interesting I was on v5.21 in the example above and the 2nd unity. also 5.22 on the regular metr pro pcb. but I didnā€™t get the upgrade firmware notification on the main screen ever. so didnā€™t realize I wasnā€™t on the latest.

EDIT: upgraded now let you know how it goes.

1 Like

Not sure if bug or safety measure but some values show up like this 0.079999999 instead of 0.08, even if i change it.

2 Likes

That happens since the beginning with me.
Iā€™ll set battery amps to 60a and I get 60.0111111119
Thought it was normal so never mentioned it but maybe it is a bug :nerd_face::bug:

2 Likes

Itā€™s not a big deal, has to do with how float numbers are stored and rounding. I will have a look when I have time. It is possible to fix. The number that is stored will still be 0.079999 but you will see 0.8 in the app.

2 Likes

Remember if you use Unity or Stormcore with 5.x firmware to set battery current and battery current regen for 1/2 for 2wd or 1/4 for 4wd as example if you want 120A battery A, set 60A in modes on metr on 2wd or 30A in modes on 4wd

8 Likes

For Unity23.46, is the 120A setting correct for 2WD?
For 120A, 120A for Unity 23.46.
Half the value for VESC5.x, or 1/4 value for 4WD.
Is this recognition correct?