Metr Pro Updates

So you tried to update Metr Pro CAN first and it went well, right?
But you are having issues with original Metr Pro. Not sure why, try to Unpair in system settings / pair again in Metr app / try to update again.

1 Like

correct

correct.

will do

2 Likes

Still times out. What also happened is that after i tried to switch to another metr the app crashed and kept crashing until i force stopped it and cleared cache.

1 Like

Do you have another phone to try update with? If not, maybe installing older version apk will help, https://apkpure.com/metr-at/at.metr.app/variant/4.6.14-APK

1 Like

Using my oneplus one seems to have done it. Although it did also crash when switching from metr can to pro.

Oneplus one runs App version 4.6.14
Oneplus 6 runs 4.7.9

I guess its the module causing it?

2 Likes

I suspect Android bluetooth drivers that are causing it. Some phones work, some donā€™t. However strange that the same phone worked for one module and failed for the other. I will look into crash when switching, thanks for reporting.

1 Like

Can relate, tried updating and keep timing outā€¦ Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro, Android 10.

2 Likes

Tried with Android 6 phone for giggles, didnā€™t change anything. Neither did another Android 8 phone. :thinking:

hmmā€¦metr can disconnect ls every few seconds.

going to try metr pro

nope, happens too.

updated log:
log_2020-12-01.txt (2.8 MB)

1 Like

Does oneplus one with 4.6.14 also disconnect?

1 Like

Canā€™t tell you as Iā€™m riding the board. Can tell you later once Iā€™m back.

2 Likes

4.6.14 down from 4.7.9 downgrade allowed me to update the module firmware. FlexiBMS 0.15 seems to work now. The module disconnects in a timely manner every 30 seconds thoughā€¦

1 Like

I had this update problem the other day tooā€¦ Then it just worked all of a sudden and Iā€™m up to date now

Samsung galaxy s10+, android 10

1 Like

Update: New app(4.7.12) makes new firmware work kind of okay.

Butā€¦

New app doesnā€™t work with previous firmwareā€¦ :sweat_smile: Completely doesnā€™t connect even though phone sees that Metr module is available.

1 Like

New update coming soon with big fixes to Stats and Sync

• Stats are now calculated based on records (previously they were stored separately)
  • If you remove some records, stats will reflect that
  • Stats are no longer editable or resettable

Sync All in account tab now will

• Upload new records to the cloud
  • Download old records missing on the phone (useful when you migrate to a new phone)

New stuff added to stats:

• Average distance
  • Record count

Removed from stats:

• Top speed
11 Likes

how come? i liked those features. itā€™s good when you change setup like bigger or smaller wheels, or on your first few rides with the board before itā€™s ā€˜ā€˜readyā€™ā€™.

and top speed is like THE reference point :crazy_face:

1 Like

Usually you know your top speed (approximately). Top speed is more interesting when you look at a single record. Also sometimes people smash throttle when wheels are in the air / on the bench, which just puts a new high value for top speed.

6 Likes

so true, i didnā€™t think about that!

2 Likes

Lovely!

4 Likes

Small update, mostly cracking down on bugs and compatibility with latest releases

• Support for VESC FW 5.2 and FlexiBMS 0.17
  • Fixed a few LLT BMS connection issues (thanks to @MartyMcFly88 and @ShutterShock for reporting and to @mackann for providing a test board with BMS)
  • Also thanks to @xsynatic as always finding some bugs, this time with Announcements (very underrated feature by the way, please try it)
  • Import Modes by clicking ā€œImport modeā€ button in the browser (thanks to @xsynatic for suggestion)
  • Display BLE pairing status on Realtime tab
  • Fixed search bar in Expert tab by removing predicted text input (discovered it with @mackann today)

As always if you find new bugs, please collect the log file and let me know, you know the drill :slight_smile:

9 Likes