Metr Pro Updates

What about Android Wear support?
Latest version crashed often and refused to re-open without restarting phone…
I wonder why metr is getting worse and worse with me. It used to be so nice

Should I even try metr tele for 4 unitys? They are on firmware 5.2 with @b264 supersingle Mode

I mean, I’m going to unless this will cause definite fire and tears. In which case, someone please say, “don’t, idiot”.

3 Likes

Please try it! I don’t think it will cause fire :grimacing:
Curious what you get! I don’t think anyone ever tested this before

4 Likes

What is this? im away from my board but curious to know! I dont think ive ever noticed it

1 Like

You’re not wrong there.

5 Likes

You can set “Announcements”

for example metr announces a certain set stat every X seconds with a voice through your speaker/headphones.

“Voltage at 49”

“Speed at 32”

“Temperature at 78” […]

You can set when it starts and when it stops.

Let’s say metr tells you every 30 seconds the current temperature between 65c and 95c if you want.

Really awesome if you don’t have a davega or want to look at the phone to check how things are doing.

8 Likes

im definitely going to use this for duty cycle

4 Likes

oh wow I didnt realise it can do that, thats super useful

5 Likes

Thats cool, similar to running apps

2 Likes

Yup it’s nice to set parameters up to let you know your about to hit butt hole clenching or if you need to find a spot to charge haha

1 Like

@Arzamenable I haven’t tested it. Please let us know

3 Likes

@rpasichnyk

Hot damn! A quadro unity appears.

14 Likes

Awesome dude! Been following this for a bit now. Congrats.

But… :wink:

5 Likes

¿Que? What is that?

2 Likes

Total fluke in the app. Happened yesterday and I thought of you… Ha

2 Likes

Happens to me occasionally too but not with the pairing thing

1 Like

I’m having some trouble with motor detection on my metr pro (haven’t tested with CAN yet)

When the vesc is set up for foc and i do a foc detection, the motor just stutters and gives a failed motor detection message.

To solve it i have to pick BLDC, do a detection without writing the settings yet. After the bldc detection is done i write the settings, switch to FOC and then i can do a motor detection that passes.

Also happens when i successfully did a foc detection and want to do it again, it just stutters and fails.

I’ll try to do a video and send the logs later.

2 Likes

What duty cycle do you have in detection dialog? Try to bump it up a bit and see if it helps. Same with current.

1 Like

Whatever Metr has as Stock. I’ll check in a sec.

Might want to add that the problems so far only appeared with unsensored hubmotors.*

I think i mentioned it already back in the day: It would be cool if we could access the Expert tab and it’s features while not being connected (to check on stuff)

And i sometimes get unknown error/fault at the start of the metr pro connection. Takes 2-3 seconds until it goes away and the regular connected status comes on. Sometimes reconnecting after a board powercycle only happens after killing the app or switching to a different metr module and back.

1 Like

Update:

I got an unsuccessful detection at stock settings, did one again right after that also with stock settings and it passed. So Sometimes it’s random it seems. I’ll try to get it to fail mutliple times to try the upped duty and current settings.

Update2: now i can’t get it to fail lol.

Suggestion 2: Make the “Writing” process more visible. Wasn’t it Red and green earlier?

Suggestion 2.5: If it won’t be colored maybe also put a percentage counter on the settings writing process like with the updates.

1 Like