Metr Pro CAN [available to order]

amazing new stuff

can this be wired in if your already using the canbus port?

Yes, theoretically you can connect as many as 254 devices to CAN bus.

11 Likes

i wouldve taken 255 but now…

6 Likes

Congratulations @rpasichnyk!

Tons of hard work & effort put into this project and it certainly shows.

13 Likes

Congratulations on the Launch.

Testing the module was great fun and at first i didn’t think metr could get any better. Metr products are one of, if not the most favorite pieces of Esk8 equipment i own.

15 Likes

Yes, but currently, when transferred to the phone, record will still be compressed like usual. There is a limitation on the server for the record size, that’s why

7 Likes

In that case it would be split or number of data points would be reduced to fit?
But if I can still plug the SD on my pc and get the full log it’s good

1 Like

Micro SD? What kind of file size are the logs, to ask what amount of storage is needed?
*edit zoomed in on the pic, def micro.

2 Likes

Yes you can. A tool would be required for decoding the format, but we can fix that.

About 2-3 megabytes per hour.

11 Likes

So it’s not the same as current app format files I can download through iTunes? That my script can already understand and work with, but no worries if you can help

1 Like

I presume it needs a 5v supply so can’t check batery charge status unless VESC is on

2 Likes

VESC has to be ON, yes.

I know there is a use case when FlexiBMS is ON and VESC is OFF. Theoretically it should be possible to take 5v from FlexiBMS and operate without VESC but that would require a lot of changes in the software. Can not promise when it can be done, but it can be done.

8 Likes

Awesome piece of tech, very well made and I feel honoured I could design the case for it :love_you_gesture:

5 Likes

Oh man. This looks awesome and My metr pro is the most usefull esk8 tool i own. I Always recommend people buy a metr and i really want another uart back but . . .

FUCK ME that price is STEEP.

Not sure about in the rest of EU but for us in UK this works out at just under £125 with logging and gps. not sure i can justify that just so i don’t have to have my phone connected.

12 Likes

Going to chime in on this too. The Infinity Logger does the same thing for $56.
I understand the software development of this takes a lot of time and is an ongoing thing, but paying nearly €150 for this is ridiculous. I can buy a decent ESC for that money.

Its about €30 in hardware; pcb, antenna, whip and chips included.

Could not disagree more. A functional, useful device requires a lot more than just raw hardware components. The software development costs that go into creating embedded devices (with accompanying mobile development) are a considerable amount of the overall development labor that goes into producing a complete product like this.

4 years of development doesn’t appear out of thin air, and you’re also paying for the technical support and documentation efforts that have gone into the project. The assembly costs, QA/QC labor, import costs, & warranty overhead. These all add up.

By all means, one sets their own value in any purchase, but it’s completely unfair & inaccurate to try to value a product at hardware component cost alone.

22 Likes

Its almost as if you didn’t read this line of my post at all.

2 Likes

:man_facepalming:

14 Likes

Brian just breathe slowly for a minute :pray: :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

I did, which is why I said everyone is welcome to value things as they see fit.

I’m pointing out that citing hardware component cost here is a false equivalence in a product that is 95% software development in regards to labor spent. BOM cost is largely irrelevant.

9 Likes