Metr Pro Updates

Is CAN passthrough supported or is the other port only for the gps module?

7 Likes

Looks awesome

A few questions, can it record data in higher sample rate than the 300 ms of MetrPro? And any estimates of how long a card can record? I guess pretty long even for a small card

1 Like

CAN is available on both of the front JST GH connectors. So you can plug it between two VESCs, one powering the Metr Pro CAN and the other ESC only gets CAN forwarded.
There is an extra JST SH for the GPS.

4 Likes

Actually Metr Pro has 10Hz sample rate (100ms). Same for Metr Pro CAN. Yes, you will never run out of space. We also include SD card in the package.

4 Likes

I’m already sold :cowboy_hat_face:, but now since you don’t rely on the phones memory, can a single record be like 8 hours long without running into into limitations?

1 Like

@rpasichnyk

Something wrong again with WEAR OS watch support?

It didn’t work well (once again). Then I try to factory reset the watch and now it seems that the Metr Pro app doesn’t want to install on the watch (Sony SmartWatch 3 SWR50).

It is possible. I do not regularly test Wear OS. I will try to find some time to look at it.

2 Likes

I’m getting Timeouts while trying to update metr pro from 5.22 to 5.25.

4.12 hw on 5.1fw

Tried mobile data and wifi

log_2020-12-01.txt (616 KB)

1 Like

So you tried to update Metr Pro CAN first and it went well, right?
But you are having issues with original Metr Pro. Not sure why, try to Unpair in system settings / pair again in Metr app / try to update again.

1 Like

correct

correct.

will do

2 Likes

Still times out. What also happened is that after i tried to switch to another metr the app crashed and kept crashing until i force stopped it and cleared cache.

1 Like

Do you have another phone to try update with? If not, maybe installing older version apk will help, https://apkpure.com/metr-at/at.metr.app/variant/4.6.14-APK

1 Like

Using my oneplus one seems to have done it. Although it did also crash when switching from metr can to pro.

Oneplus one runs App version 4.6.14
Oneplus 6 runs 4.7.9

I guess its the module causing it?

2 Likes

I suspect Android bluetooth drivers that are causing it. Some phones work, some don’t. However strange that the same phone worked for one module and failed for the other. I will look into crash when switching, thanks for reporting.

1 Like

Can relate, tried updating and keep timing out… Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro, Android 10.

2 Likes

Tried with Android 6 phone for giggles, didn’t change anything. Neither did another Android 8 phone. :thinking:

hmm…metr can disconnect ls every few seconds.

going to try metr pro

nope, happens too.

updated log:
log_2020-12-01.txt (2.8 MB)

1 Like

Does oneplus one with 4.6.14 also disconnect?

1 Like

Can’t tell you as I’m riding the board. Can tell you later once I’m back.

2 Likes