How to bind the Mini Remote [Serious]

Time will tell if the reliability is the same haha

3 Likes

I’ve been thinking of getting this remote. I like the trigger remote. I had the APS but that thing wants to kill me today lol.

This is a good, time-tested remote that is the defacto standard against which all others are compared.

If you are gentle with the on/off switch, it will offer years of great service. If you Hulk Hogan the power switch, you will find disappointment and sorrow in your future. Use your fingernail to gently slide the switch on or off for flawless operation.

3 Likes

Where is the best place to purchase this mini remote? I’ve seen it on AliExpress and torque board website

It depends where you are and how important delivery speed is to you.

2 Likes

Try moving your antennae (purple) to either the blue or grey spot. I’ve had big issues with the antenna next to the cells like that.

Also, what area are you riding in? ​

Already did that. It cuts worst the way you have it. I live in A very bumpy and hilly area of NYC.

Also, that purple is the third attempt after the two…That is where the antenna is located after I tried the two.

It doesn’t give me too much troubles like it does the gray and blue areas.

Edit: should I just take it out of the enclosure?

1 Like

Is the enclosure carbon or metal? What about the deck?

The enclosure is Fiberglass. The deck is wood. I’m not too worried about what type of wood since I usually use maple for a strong deck.

I think i just got a bad remote to be honest.

Edit: either that or my hands just ruined the on/off switch since that was mainly my problem.

1 Like

Replace the on-off switch with a 5-10mm latching switch, then the mini will outlive you.

3 Likes

I’m gonna do that.

1 Like

Did you use a specific one you liked? A lot of the latching switches I’ve found are bulky or dip or toggle switches which I don’t want.

A non-led 3 pin spdt latching push button in a small form factor is exactly what I need.

1 Like

Couldnt find the same seller I used but it was identical to these in 10mm flat head, latching, normally open only.

1 Like

maybe something like this?

1 Like

Thank you both, gentle sirs

1 Like

A cool mod; linking the threads together

2 Likes

I bought the same remote but while programming the vesc the remote would only go up to 80% even after recalibrating, do you know a fix for this?

1 Like

Sure, try doing this :smiley:

How did it fare?

2 Likes

Seems to be as reliable as the OG one, no cutouts nor funny behavior.

3 Likes