UNISINK | Heatsink MakerX, Ubox, Stormcore, Xenith and Unity | Anodised

it’s 132 by 85 mm and the thickness of the part inside the enclosure is 4 mm

1 Like

Hmm, that would actually barely fit a 3rd board I’m working on, but unfortunately I just realized my D75 doesn’t have the extra holes for mounting a heat-sink to, so I think I’ll reduce my order to just a single heat-sink.

1 Like

Holes are overrated. Silicone is supreme

1 Like

Just get some adhesive TIM and stick it on

1 Like

MakerX sold me a bottom case with holes for $15 + shipping. They said it fit both Batch 1 and 100/250 versions of the D series.

I should be receiving it in the next couple days, so I’ll update then to confirm whether it does fit Batch 1 models

4 Likes

No problem, I made some extra anyway to have some stock for the website.

And otherwise, silicone would work too like glyphics mentioned. You could press the esc and heatsink together with a clamp and then lay a bead of silicone along the edges of the esc to glue/keep it in place on the heatsink. Should hold up with a decent silicone like sikaflex or something like that.

Update: the new bottom plate does fit! I’m for sure interested in a heat sink now.

Also, it looks like the FETs in the Batch 1 D75 have aluminum casings :eyes: is this what makes these ESCs perform so well thermally?

The lettering on the FET appears to be:
MR
HU0G

3 Likes

Thats nice! Most higher end ESC’s have metal casing FETs, but could be that the makerX ESC’s have a better thermal transfer than some other options out there.

I will probably have the new heatsinks available in 2 weeks.

5 Likes

They’re infineons directFETs.

Ever since vedder started using them in the VESC6, they’ve been present in alot of designs.
Since the package is exposed metal, it should be easier to cool. But theres alot of great transistors out there for alot cheaper price so this does not my any means, make or break the ESC.

some swift fingers on my calculator says that these FETs can handle around 40A (DC) without any heatsink at 25 Celsius.

3 Likes

Heatsinks available on the website now.
Shipping outside of the EU should be around € 14.99

2 Likes

Just did a final clean of all the parts :star_struck:

5 Likes

Added a document with the cutout template, ESC mounting guide and technical drawing below and to the product page.

UNISINK Cutout, Mounting & Technical Info V1.0.pdf (379.8 KB)

4 Likes

20230423_131111_AdobeExpress

3 Likes

@SabreDynamics wondering if the UNISINK has 33x90, to be used with D100s?

1 Like

d100s is 30x95

@SabreDynamics if u would implement the bean shape u did for me before to the heatsink, then it would support both the dv4s dv6s and d100s

1 Like

@YUTW123 shared in the D100s thread that it’s 33x90. Do you have a D100s in hand to confirm the measurements?

1 Like

Hell yeah dawg. Thank you

1 Like

idk if the later batch has a different holes, i ordered mine on day 0 release

Unfortunatley not, still have a bunch of stock so not planning on a updated version yet.