UNISINK | Heatsink MakerX, Ubox, Stormcore, Xenith and Unity | Anodised

Hey Guys, got a batch of new Unisinks available. Added more compatibillity as per your requests in this thread.

Heatsink works with Spintend Ubox, MakerX DV6/D75, Stormcore, Unity/Xenith and is black anodised with engraved logo. More info can be found on the website (link below).
Shipping should be around € 14.99 worldwide and orders are VAT free out of the EU.

13 Likes

Do you cut truck components or wheel cores?

1 Like

I can make several custom parts, you can pm me with a design and I can review it.

Added Ubox and MakerX DV6 compatibility. Still debating on whether or not to drill the holes through all the way or make them blind holes, so people can drill through on their own if they want to use one of the specific patterns.

• Through holes
  • Blind holes

0 voters

2 Likes

definitely keen on one soon, the missus is warming to the idea that she needs a new board for “safety reasons”

2 Likes

DV6 compatibility? Now I’m interested in 2, not just the 1 :smiley:

5 Likes

D60/D100 compatibility will get me into a couple of these for sure.

5 Likes

Good to hear, the greater the material order I place the lower the price will be so I might even be able to lower the price a little, but will need a lot more reservations first though.

Anyhow here’s a little update:
Looks like the majority prefers blind holes for the mounting patterns in the middle of the heatsink so I added those to the back so they can easily be drilled through in case you want to use that specific pattern. The holes on the edges are tapped for M3 and M4, for mounting the heatsink to an enclosure and mounting the stormcore & Ubox.

1 Like

Shouldn’t the corner M4 holes be slightly closer to the edges? For aesthetics/symmetry + so that the bolt heads don’t interfere with the raised up cooling fins

3 Likes

The corner M4 holes are for Ubox mounting. the M3 holes are for enclosure mounting (80x80 mm pattern), this is the same as 3D servisas so the mounting pattern is cross compatible.

2 Likes

Did we ever get consensus on what the hole pattern is for these? @glyphiks at one point you said you’d measure them, but I can’t find your model

If they work for the D series, I’m interested in one.

1 Like

The DV6 pattern is 60 x 35 mm, but not sure about the other MakerX versions, will see if I can find something.

EDIT:
Looks like there arent really any mounting holes specifically for an external heatsink.

3 Likes

On the latest batch, apparently they added mounting holes. I know Al has some, and probably a few other members. I just emailed MakerX to ask.

4 Likes

Awesome, looking forward to see what the dimensions are.

1 Like

The first couple of batches of d series didn’t have holes. They all do now. Same as dv6

4 Likes

Thanks, so then most MakerX ecs’s will fit :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Idk if this is feasible, but the ability to mount 2x M100 MakerX ESCs to the heatsink would be golden.

2 Likes

Think I will keep this heatsink to the dual integrated esc’s. But can take a look anyway, what’s the mounting pattern?

1 Like

let me buy a couple (I fully intend to) and I’ll get right back to you on that

1 Like

7aiihl

1 Like