🌴 Go-FOC DV6 / PRO <High Current Dual ESC >

Not sure if better or worse…

It has always been super confusing

4 Likes

We talked about that last year i think. 5.01/02/03 and 5.1/2/3 are the same, the vesc tool just removes the 0. I can’t find where we talked about it. @b264 was it with you when you published the vari tool?

E:

4 Likes

Although, you are technically right. 5.03 is sort of the beta for 6.00

1 Like

Sooo… we have (in asc order):

• 5.2, stock FW which comes with the DV6Pro - is it working fine? I assume, amps are limited to 100A, right?
  • 5.3, custom by @jaykup, used by him and @tech.shit - any test drives yet? @tech.shit, are breaks working?
  • 5.03, custom by MakerX, reported to not work, as it is the wrong version or the wrong file uploaded, yes?

As far as i know, yes.

The custom 5.3 fw by makerX reports the version 5.2, thus getting troubled by vesc tool.

Jaykup modified it so it properly shows 5.3.

@jaykup correct?

I will definitely not buy a vesc that requires custom fw all the time. I don’t want to be locked by their firmware. If they submit it and Vedder merges it so it can use official fw, then yes. That goes for everyone, be it makerx, spintend, flipsky or who else.

3 Likes

They ship it with a firmware that doesn’t properly support its hardware!?

5 Likes

As far as I understand it:

• DV6 PRO ships with the correct 5.02/5.2 using different shunt resistances and setting a 180A max limit.
  • MakerX releases 5.03/5.3 but it loads as 5.02/5.2. Don’t know what it actually is.
  • I compiled 5.03/5.3 for the DV6 PRO by changing the shunt resistances and setting a 180A max limit.

For anyone interested this is the difference between the VESC 6 firmware and the DV6 PRO

10 Likes

My brakes weren’t working because of an unrelated hardware issue, I’ve fixed it since posting about it.

@jaykup custom 5.3 works just fine for me, I haven’t had a chance to test out the new features yet though. RT data is cool on the dials on desktop.

2 Likes

Yes, many ESC makers do this including Spintend

3 Likes

fixed that for you

2 Likes

If you forget to return a folding after a trail building event and walk off with it in your back pocket, you haven’t stolen anything as long as it was unintentional and you return it (or at least make a strong effort to).

verb: steal; past participle: stolen
take (another person’s property) without permission or legal right and without intending to return it.

MakerX said they would release the source code. That’s a lot better than Flipsky who specifically said “not opening source. Sorry”. True intent can be difficult to ascertain, but I think it’s worth giving them a chance before passing judgement.

2 Likes

But they didn’t. It’s free and takes seconds.

The guy that robbed the bank also said he’d pay them back and that he didn’t do it.

2 Likes

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ly_6a0M8YZ3n9fs9xVCnTxt6H0Nnaywk/view

Sorry everyone. Just got back to work. I re-uploaded the latest version of the PRO firmware (5.3). The source code has been uploaded to my Google Drive ↓

I have added a download menu in the upper left corner of the website.

15 Likes

Would it be keen to upload this FW to other v6 variants saomething like say a storm60? probably blow it up right? Is this a derail should i go to the noob thread w this one?

The Stormcore is a single MCU dual and would require it’s own FW. I’m pretty sure the Stormcore FW 5.03 is already in VESCTool

2 Likes

DV6 Pro was pushing big amps at the track day without breaking a sweat. Very pleased with its performance.

9 Likes

Are the motor and battery amps shown for one motor? If so, very impressive!!!

1 Like

Ah! Of course. No, that’s the combined figure for both sides, isn’t it? Ok, so maybe not so impressive …but still impressive.

1 Like

I’m not sure how metr works. It might be for one :man_shrugging:

I’d love the see the other side of the left one :grimacing: looks like a worthy rewamp of the 4.x formfactor

4 Likes