BOUNDMOTOR: Offer for Esk8.news

yes they are.
The V3 motors (That can fit 90mm or 100mm sleeves) are very different from the v2 motors though. They’re more robust, and the sleeves last longer too

1 Like

I asked their support why their website went down sometimes and they didn’t seem to know that it was.

So next time make a note of when and try to let them know. Whoever notices
@BOUNDMOTOR

1 Like

What if I don’t have VESC TOOL 1.29? Can the firmware be upgraded? I’ve tried upgrading to 2.0 and it’s not letting me get through the setup input. Its telling me I need to upgrade eventhough i already have.

1 Like

Can you post a picture of your ESC so we know exactly which one it is?

Its the Boundmotor ESC.

And I am having a hard time finding VESC TOOL 1.29.

2 Likes

Thanks. Wanted to be sure. Here’s the issue with this unit: It’s not a true vesc and not that popular, so with so little user feedback, hard to say what issues would come from updating to newer vesc tool firmware.

Here are some reviews of this unit sold here through esk8suppluy:

(The following reviewer updated with vesc tool 1.25.)

You can find most versions of vesc tool and ackmaniac here:

6 Likes

I have that esc.
I had issues when I tried updating vesc firmware.
Everything worked when I downgraded to vesc firmware 3.65 (vesc tool 1.28 I think)

When I went to downgrade I had to reflash the bootloader through vesc tool to get it to successfully load the firmware. As far as I can tell there’s no port on this esc to recover it using an st-link, so proceed with caution.

1 Like

So I’m afraid i just bricked one side of this ESC. As i was waiting my 10 seconds for the upload to be done the ESC timed out and turned itself off. Now it wont recognize it when i plug it in. Is there anything I can do at this point or do I just have a brand new paper weight?

1 Like

I have that ESC too, It works like a charm and I’ll never ever try to update anything with this one. Too scared to break anything… :joy:
Good luck mate

5 Likes

any schematics available for those?

there are several test points on PCB, would be worth checking if they aren’t for SWD

4 Likes

I haven’t seen any schematics.

Maybe @BOUNDMOTOR has them?

1 Like

it would be possible to bring out a swd port from the stm if the test points arent relevant

1 Like

Any light sequence first?

No lights on the one side.

3 Likes

Like @DavidF said, the receiver is integrated, we are working on another version.

2 Likes

which firmware version would you recommend?

1 Like

This version only supports V3.65 firmware. If you upgrade to the new firmware, the ride mode switching function and direction switching will be lost. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Interesting. I updated but assumed the mode switching never worked and I just set the control mode to have reverse.

What causes these to stop worrking? Are they done over UART?

Correct.