BOUNDMOTOR: Offer for Esk8.news

Hey guys,

Cato from boundmotor here, and thank you @BillGordon for the help.

As some of you may or may not know, we build VESC based electric skateboard with rubber tire wheels. Not long ago we have set up a promotion for a direct drive motor kit. You should all have received the package now, and welcome to give us some feedback.

The Chinese New Year holiday is coming, and since we haven’t set up overseas warehousing services yet, we hope that more riders can try our hub motors and airless rubber wheels, so today we have set up a discount for you guys on this hub motor kit.

It looks like this:
—Motors, red color

—Front wheel, red color

Here is the link to the page:

40% OFF COUPON CODE: ESK8VIP(ENDED)

**SPEC:**
KV rating: 58
Max speed: 50KM/H(based on our esc and 12s2p battery pack)
Wheel diameter:105mm

You might ask what makes us stand out?

1. 105mm Airless rubber wheels.
    PROS: we have designed 28 hollow pockets on each wheel’s inner surface. These pockets provide extra space for soft rubber to bend and compress in the contours and bumps on the road surface.
    CONS: the range of using rubber tires is shorter than that of PU tires.
  2. Programmable speed controllers
    Compatible with VESC TOOL 1.29(Does this count as an advantage?:joy:

If you have any questions, please leave a comment below, I am not a technical guy, but I will do my best to answer your questions.
Enjoy your ride, and happy new year.

Cato

12 Likes

That is most definitely an advantage.

Can any PWM (“PPM”) remote be used?

8 Likes

How many angry pixies can these handle? (Ampere)

5 Likes

50 amps

Kinda wanna try 4 of the front wheels on a belt drive set up.

4 Likes

Got them on my DD, pretty good wheels with nice grip

2 Likes

Nope, it’s probably the same VESC as esk8supply, integrated receiver compatible with only one remote

Glad to have you guys here.
This is super price competitive, especially if they’re robust.

Whoa! they’re more beautifully integrated yet way cheaper than the Team Gee effort. But it seems like the rubber tyres all comes from the same factory?

Will they work on my Dualomo / Backfire (according to JeffWu) hub motors? hmmm

2 Likes

Didn’t BOUNDMOTOR appear in the same time Kenna disappeared??? :thinking:
Oh and BTW this is not a special offer for Esk8.news; it’s for anybody. Please.

And another detail :

5 Likes

Kenna didn’t disappear, she’s still active on WhatsApp

I mean, her site did, didn’t it?

Ist the DD kit more like the elofty one or more like Esk8supply?

1 Like

These look like the next generation following on from the Skullboard motors/wheels, which had some issues but also had some strengths to build on. I still have mine and they still work, but the vibration issues got worse over time.

For recollection purposes:

Pros: Great grip, comfortable (when they weren’t vibrating), better in rain, dead reliable with Hobbywing ESC remote

Cons: Treads/wheels vibrated quite a bit at low speeds (but not as bad at top speed), very low torque and top speed

@BOUNDMOTOR - can you share what the differences are for this new generation? Thanks!

4 Likes

Spec sheet says rated for 500w while its recommended that they are used on 12s @ 50a which is just over 2500w. I’d say these are probably another 20-25a maytech/mad/mediocre tier hub with airless tires.

1 Like

Yes, this is always a mistake with this community.

3 Likes

If you are listening: go up beyond 110mm! There is a market between 110mm to 150mm rubber (or urethane) wheels. No 127mm or 135mm thick wheels out there. You got it? …THICK!

2 Likes

Is there? I don’t need wheels over 100mm

Says 500w. I assume per motor. If at 48v that’s 10 amps per motor or 20 total, not 50.

1 Like

Also says 50A. Combined i assume.

1 Like