Beginner Question Thread! 2023 Edition

Never fully trust numbers coming from folks who profit from sales

2 Likes

Unless it’s a “number of motors” specification :rofl:

1 Like

True dat.

Damn, its bigger than an esc :rofl:

3 Likes

OK, Playing the role of a beginner again >.<!

I just got press fit inner bearing pulleys, and just figured out that my caliber 50 axles are 35mm i.e. too short. [I know of; file the truck, remove the bearing. But I want the bearing to be there.]

My question is: If I cheap out and only purchase one extended axle truck for the rear how badly would that effect board geometry?
ty for reading.

1 Like

As long as you make sure you don’t get wheelbite on the narrower front truck you should be fine. Brian did it and I think I’ve seen others too, build thread here

I’m just going to put search terms here in case someone’s looking for it in future: mismatched truck mismatched hanger different hangers width

1 Like

Yes, it would affect it. It will look worse but perform better. :crazy_face:

5 Likes

It’s horrible I love it, Looks like a wedge of cheese, [jokes aside it does look OK, good in some abstract sense i.e. I think it looks good]

Thanks guys!

1 Like

It also makes me itchy, but I’ve had the same thought. My poor filed down calibers wish I’d gone with that option, as does the hand file who suffered through it

2 Likes

I have never needed to make an account before but I finally have a question that I cant find an answer for anywhere. from what I understand @Gamer43 designed an antispark switch for flipsky. I have a few of them and have yet to have one fail. My question is: can you wire 1 momentary button to control 2 antispark circuits? My board is 4wd and it is thoroughly annoying to have to turn it on with 2 separate switches each time. Is it possible to use just 1 switch and create my own wire harness? or do I need both forever.

Yes, I do need 2 of them. I previously and foolishly tried just one and burnt it out rather quickly. 4wd 6384’s draw a considerable amount of current. who would have guessed…

I"m no EE, but I don’t see why not

Make sure they both have a good ground connection.

They are highside switching because I know what I’m doing so yes, you should be fine doing this.

5 Likes

so all 3 wires should be paralleled?

I prefer a narrower track at the front. Its more responsive and turns a lot better. Can def look pretty kooky tho.

2 Likes

Yeah, Now I realize it’s a reduction of turn in the rear which is a good thing for stability I was just concerned it were the other way round.

only issue I see now is my instinctive driving on the bleeding edge which focuses on the front truck launching me into issues where the rear may catch onto the road to walkway lip :grimacing:

[when on pathways I like driving road side past obstacles like lampposts where wheels hang over like 10-20mm]

as someone with ~290mm total width, I am often afraid of this in general while riding

1 Like

I hope that’s deck width not waist size…

outer wheel edge to outer wheel edge

Yeah you’re running 270s? oof

1 Like

No, only the switch line, which is K+.

Make sure they have good connections to system ground.

2 Likes