Are flipsky escs any good

Hello
Going to be building another board soon wondering if the above are any good?
Im also going to add more mosphets on the output to increase the current Capability wondering if they are reliable enough, I’m sure I could increase the reliability if I add more mosphets and more heatsinking,
Thanks

All within the first 15 search results

If my safety or the quality of the board is important, personally, I would never get flipshit speed controllers

Also lol at the idea of you modifying the escs to achieve ’ better reliability’ as far as I know half of the ESC dies randomly

@krazor is a good example, many attempts at using flipsky to save cost, only to be bitten in the ass by shitty components

10 Likes

I dunno broskys, 6.6 fat kid aluminum singles do this consistently every damn day, and I don’t even like them anymore.

Skip the dual escs both 6.6 and 4.whateve. Don’t use their latching button. Buy 4 singles. Google canbus, loopkey. Don’t die :call_me_hand:.

They will have a fairly reasonable Chinese new
Year or some US holiday deal that will be a 2 for 1 deal.

4 Likes

to be fair i had the same thing happen to a Vesc 6+ from trampa so it was probably my fault. ive blown 2 Trmapa vescs (1 is currently out in sydney for repairs) ill probably be picking up the NeoBox as backups once i figure out wtf is going on with my board.

3 Likes

I’ll trade you pictures here for my burned up FS 6.6 duals for a burned up vesc6+

1 Like

I’m glad they hold up for you, it’s just a shame they seem to pop randomly in builds of lesser power :frowning:

@Krazor I think you’re a phenom when it comes to busting DIY parts… Unfortunately for all the wrong reasons :sob:

Hopefully the neoboxes hold up

2 Likes

Oh, no. you are right, my 4.2 dual is for silly infant sub 30a “builds”.

I cut up my 6.6 dual after cooked caps bc the bullet connectors were the most valuable part left to me.

Those obese, heatsinked single 6.6 can perform if you give them air and Donate their latching switches to your nearest RadioShack.

2 Likes

I’m not trying to talk smack about you 4wd build, just to clarify :joy:

Nothing but respect for how hard you go in the paint :pray:

E: if that’s even what you meant :thinking: it’s early and I’m still tired

2 Likes

I’ve never ridden that board beyond a block. I made it for my roommate. Flipsky has been brilliant for him, not so much for me. I’m on team unity for now.

I’m also excited for the neoboxes. I feel like it will either be a ticker tape parade or our typical over promise under deliver, Disappear in the night story.

3 Likes

What was it a dead low voltage rail again? If so this is becoming a repeated issue with trampa VESC6

2 Likes

To be fair to @jeffwuneo it’s the community that are hyping up not Jeff him self. he has changed some parts to higher grade auto parts and added some extra filtering because he thort the foxbox design was lacking used a better grade PCB, built of a proven quality design that is no longer available and toled over stepping @trampa he won’t be threatened or bullied in to his line of thought. He haven’t promised any thing just made a lot of good choices that a lot of us can understand and agree with. That’s what I can rember off the top of my head

6 Likes

Not a knock on Jeff at all. I cut up a 250$ plus flipsky dual Esc to salvage 5.5 bullet connectors bc It burned. The repair game feels like fake news

I’d happily support Jeff at the same Price if only for lines like … see quotes of the year. I’m tired.

I’m always a skeptic, but I, we also want a hero :+1:

2 Likes

Agreed, if a drv burns I would always have it in the back of my mind that it was the fault of another component that could just barely withstand the abuse we put it through

I really like Jeffs proposition though, that any broken vescs will be repaired upon full release date.

1 Like

Its MOSFET btw

Can you even just add mosfets? Lol

I’ve no clue how they function, but I feel like that’s not how it works

Instead of adding, wouldn’t upgrading them for ones that can withstand more current and voltage be the route to take?

1 Like

I don’t care anymore. Dust collectors in my non electrical engineering opinion

2 Likes

Is that a graveyard? xD how did you kill multiple VESC6

1 Like

I’ve had great experiences with the big dual 6.6, and the single 4.12. Buy after hearing everything people say about them, I wouldn’t recommend them, especially with the new neobox, and torqueboards’ new esc coming out soon.

1 Like

Wait, right? No sarcasm here. Can I please have a “smart” switch with 42 mosfets If it lasts?

Why are loopkeys still a thing I keep in backup supply?

Also, @Jansen you should look into fucking loopkeys after you hook me with some dope free AOL access 3.5 floppies. No offense @b264, some shit just works?

4 Likes

Yes, AFAIK MOSFETs deal with the current switching, so you couldn’t “add more” because you can’t switch the current more :I You can upgrade them to be able to switch higher currents with more reliability but there are other problems which need upgrading first on the flipsky escs and without a lot of work its not worth the time/money to upgrade them, it would have been better to just buy a more reliable vesc in the first place.

2 Likes